My paper trades in options

suri112000

https://www.nseindia.com/live_marke...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

thank you, bulls will protect the bottom of the range and bears top of the range. just take a look at the NSE option chain. there is heavy PE Squaring off, COI is negative, how do u read this?

'When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bullish - Long Build
When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Short unwinding
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bearish - Long build
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Long unwinding'

this is what i found on another Traderjithread.
Thaks for bringing this to my notice.

There is no clarity for bulls where to lend support to Nifty. Lot of negative PEs are seen. It infers that the traders who have written PEs are taking exit from their positions.

But from CE side, the bears have shown a clear picture. The bears are upright guarding, 8000. There is heavy CE writing at 8000.

We can infer that the nifty may move to down or stay stagnant at or below 8000 in near future.

lemondew

If nifty goes up. CE will be +ve. Delta in CE will increase. OI can increase if new buyers and sellers come in. Thats the case mostly during early part of expiry.

I cant infer it as bullish..
Ditto same for put side

https://www.nseindia.com/live_marke...-&segmentLink=17&symbolCount=2&segmentLink=17

thank you, bulls will protect the bottom of the range and bears top of the range. just take a look at the NSE option chain. there is heavy PE Squaring off, COI is negative, how do u read this?

'When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bullish - Long Build
When the CE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Short unwinding
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI +Ve - Bearish - Long build
When the PE NET CHG +ve and the COI -Ve - Bullish - Long unwinding'

this is what i found on another Traderjithread.

gemat

If nifty goes up. CE will be +ve. Delta in CE will increase. OI can increase if new buyers and sellers come in. Thats the case mostly during early part of expiry.

I cant infer it as bullish..
Ditto same for put side
there are some traders who just rely on options chain data. professional traders have who trade in equity market, hedge their positions in derivatives. based on the OI retail investors follow their trade.

still learning.

suri112000

there are some traders who just rely on options chain data. professional traders have who trade in equity market, hedge their positions in derivatives. based on the OI retail investors follow their trade.

still learning.
Most of the option strategies are based on flowing with the market. They will not predict where the market goes. They just flow with the market. Whenever the market makes a move, they will adjust their positions to tune of the market by studying the option chain and adjusting the option greeks.

Subhadip

Subhadip, what do u call this strategy?
No idea.

I know only this much that anywhere market goes, I will get premium of both the sold option.

SL for future is at 8000.

So no worries.

Will keep on adding strategies in this thread.