My new Portfolio Makeover.. Pls Advice!!

Hi Jeet,

Thanks for your compliments. As for aggressive funds, in principle, you need to have more Mid & Small cap funds. DSPBR Microcap Fund is also good. But, I would prefer to go with IDFC Small and Midcap Fund (if you don't have exposure to the same). Having your portfolio around 40-50% concentrated in Mid and small cap is highly aggressive. I would suggest you to have Mid and small cap not more than 40%.

Do remember that investment is close to life. Thrill is exciting, but not always, as Thrill Kills. Have a judicious mix of aggression with solid growth. Your portfolio with the addition of IDFC SMC fund would be fine.

Happy Investing !!

P.S: I have exposure to both IDFC SMC and DSBPR Microcap.

Hi

Thank you.

Ofcourse I want aggressive fund but I do not want to aggressively invest so much hard earned money into it even if it means comparitively less returns, I am fine with it.

Between ICICI Pru Discovery (which I recently started) and IDFC SMC fund (as suggested by you) I would not like to cross 30% (may be 35%) of the total fund portfolio. The remaining 70% I would still like to stick with time tested Large, Balance and Multi caps.

Based on your response to my another query, I thought of stopping DSP Equity and keep the existing funds invested as it is now. I was then thinking to replace it DSP Top 100 but on close look, it seems DSP Top 100, HDFC Top 200 and HDFC Prudence have many overlapping of funds. So I think I will better continue SIP in DSP Equity and it is still 4 rated in VOL.

So my final portfolio for atleast 1 year would be :

Equity
HDFC Top 200 : Large Cap
DSPBR Equity. : Multi Cap
Reliance Saving Equity : Multi Cap
HDFC Prudence : Balanced
ICICI Prudential Discovery: Mid & Small Cap
IDFC Small & Mid Cap Equity. : Mid & Small Cap

MIP
HDFC Long Term MIP
Reliance MIP

Any final comments please, I would want initiate SIP commencing 1st June for all the above. Are there enough Core funds in the above portfolio, I think so.. I hope Yodlee will also share his views.. I read his other post commenting on your portfolio.

Thanks

Jeet

Last edited:
Hi

Today I have finally opened SIP scattered over the month. The dates of Investment are 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 28.

I am still bit scary of doing SIP without checking the markets. Previously I would have SIP just in or two dates in a month and see the market position each day, if there is a consdierable dip, I would pick up randomly and invest a small lumpsum 2K or 3K in one or two funds. But the problem was sometimes I used have lot of surplus money in savings back account and ofcourse with money in there, lot of expenses too.

Anyways, with good faith, I have initiated the SIPs for 12 months for all the 6 funds. I have a chance to back track though which I hope will not and review only next year ofcourse unless there is a dramatic turn of events.

Thanks once again for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Jeet

Hi Jeet,

Your portfolio is fine.. Best of luck.. Yes, I agree if Yodlee could have shared his views, but he/she is not seen these days.

Happy Investing !!