My Journal -Trading USA markets from India

futures

Hi all,

Came across this forum few weeks ago but this is my first post though...the vast amount of knowledge available in this forum is mind-boggling..hats off to the moderators for running the show successfully.

Brief intro about me
-------------------

I have been trading full time (US futures market - Currencies,stock index and one ag future) for the last 2.5 years..been profitable for the last 1 year..I have never traded Indian markets as my employable years started off in the states..well, I trade off daily charts and usually my trades last anywhere from 3 days to 1 month..I used to daytrade them but came to realize that my personality doesn't suit daytrading..so, sticking with positional trades..right now, i am in the stage of building my equity and i don't withdraw my profits yet..i don't use this money to buy onions and tomatoes anyways and not planning to do so for the next 4 years...

it's been a rough ride, blown my account twice (totaling close to 100K USD)...always thought that it will never happen to me, but it did...not once, but twice..(glad that i din't throw in the towel that time)

initially, i was excited whenever i put on a trade and later figured out that i was acting that way as i was in it for just the action and not to make money...ironically now, i neither feel excited nor dejected looking at the P&L(though the equity curve looks good with occasional drawdowns)- ...i agree that it's very tough endeavor to pursue but i would also like to say that 'it's a very boring and lonely' endeavor..but, i feel it's all worth it..

My Strategy:
------------

Enter the market(long or short) when it pulls back to its 13 ema(from a trend in daily charts)..I trade Australian dollar, British pound, Emini S&P 500 and soybeans...average number of trades per month is 8...I go for 1:1 risk/reward ratio and it suits me just fine..i watch the markets twice a day..once to modify my limit orders and again when the US cash index market opens..

Reason to write this thread
--------------------------

I learned so many things from various people and i always wonder how people share so unconditionally(sans trading system marketers)..so here i am..i thought my diary would be helpful to somebody...

I will post the trades as i take it..shoot me any questions you have...will start sharing snapshots once i start posting the trades..

Happy trading!!

futures

Appreciate it buddy..I might not be able to contribute in lot of threads as most of them discuss indian markets...Money mgmt and Psychology topics always attracts me and i would definitely post there..

VJAY

Hi all,

Came across this forum few weeks ago but this is my first post though...the vast amount of knowledge available in this forum is mind-boggling..hats off to the moderators for running the show successfully.

Brief intro about me
-------------------

I have been trading full time (US futures market - Currencies,stock index and one ag future) for the last 2.5 years..been profitable for the last 1 year..I have never traded Indian markets as my employable years started off in the states..well, I trade off daily charts and usually my trades last anywhere from 3 days to 1 month..I used to daytrade them but came to realize that my personality doesn't suit daytrading..so, sticking with positional trades..right now, i am in the stage of building my equity and i don't withdraw my profits yet..i don't use this money to buy onions and tomatoes anyways and not planning to do so for the next 4 years...

it's been a rough ride, blown my account twice (totaling close to 100K USD)...always thought that it will never happen to me, but it did...not once, but twice..(glad that i din't throw in the towel that time)

initially, i was excited whenever i put on a trade and later figured out that i was acting that way as i was in it for just the action and not to make money...ironically now, i neither feel excited nor dejected looking at the P&L(though the equity curve looks good with occasional drawdowns)- ...i agree that it's very tough endeavor to pursue but i would also like to say that 'it's a very boring and lonely' endeavor..but, i feel it's all worth it..

My Strategy:
------------

Enter the market(long or short) when it pulls back to its 13 ema(from a trend in daily charts)..I trade Australian dollar, British pound, Emini S&P 500 and soybeans...average number of trades per month is 8...I go for 1:1 risk/reward ratio and it suits me just fine..i watch the markets twice a day..once to modify my limit orders and again when the US cash index market opens..

Reason to write this thread
--------------------------

I learned so many things from various people and i always wonder how people share so unconditionally(sans trading system marketers)..so here i am..i thought my diary would be helpful to somebody...

I will post the trades as i take it..shoot me any questions you have...will start sharing snapshots once i start posting the trades..

Happy trading!!
Dear futures,
Thanks for this thread & warm welcome to this wonderfull forum......Hoping we get many things from your experience......

looser

nice initiative buddy