My first Trade Executed: Advise

cool_kk

Mr. Cool;

On reading your posts, I find that what you are doing is not really cool. You will burn your money pretty soon. Instead, deal only in cash, make some profit and use those profits to invest in futures and options.
Thanks Shajans.

I would like to learn Future trading.

Option--> I learned to some extend so I can trade.
Max loss in my first trade is 13500--> I am OK with that
Although I will do stop loss at some point If market cross certain level and i think I am loosing more.

I am not selling call/put to limit my unlimited loss.

I have some 2lakh+ surplus which I can invest and forget for long term in equity But I would like to learn options and futures and make some money if possible.

My appetite for risk is always limited to my surplus money which i forget that even I have.
My equity portfolio is 1 lakh from almost 5 years. I make loss/profit in it only.

Now, I want to keep this 2lakh in future and options and I will be limited to this only loss/profit is part of learning as well as some knowledge.

I want to learn about future trading in INDIA. I am seeing some videos demo and will study at least for few months/paper trade few months then will do a small trade then start investing full.

I am not sure its a good or bad idea But normally i do like this.

Thanks again !

aditya14

Listen Mr Cool u will lose 2 lakhs in 2 months if u trade the way you are doing now.First of all u must have a strategy.

Questions you should ask yourself:
1) Why am i buying what iam buying
2) What is the hedge i could buy to protect my capital
3) What is the liquidity of the stock/option iam buying(5600 put will have huge bid-ask difference and not many buyers)
4) Learn about options before you burn ur hands pants everything in them.

columbus

I have some 2lakh+ surplus which I can invest and forget for long term in equity But I would like to learn options and futures and make some money if possible.
Even if you have 2lakh+surplus ,do not invest all in derivatives,just invest
in ONE lot,since your basic purpose is to learn.If trend is confirmed ,go for
more lots.

cool_kk

Even if you have 2lakh+surplus ,do not invest all in derivatives,just invest
in ONE lot,since your basic purpose is to learn.If trend is confirmed ,go for
more lots.
Thanks All for good advise.

First of all, I am not investing at least 3-4 months. I will be doing paper trade in future for atleast 3-4 months and learn before doing anything.

I did one lot option after undrestanding for 2 months. So option, I understand some risks/strategies.

What I am looking for a good resource/website to learn. I read someof the things to start with.

Well, If I will ask some basic questions some of the guys will be pissed and will say , please read something before going anywhere with futures.

I checked treaderji thread, option is explained very well But not the same kind of thread for future Where futures are explained for beginners.

Thanks

columbus

Thanks All for good advise.

First of all, I am not investing at least 3-4 months. I will be doing paper trade in future for atleast 3-4 months and learn before doing anything.

I did one lot option after undrestanding for 2 months. So option, I understand some risks/strategies.

What I am looking for a good resource/website to learn. I read someof the things to start with.

Well, If I will ask some basic questions some of the guys will be pissed and will say , please read something before going anywhere with futures.

I checked treaderji thread, option is explained very well But not the same kind of thread for future Where futures are explained for beginners.

Thanks
Hi cool,

Some more advice.

1.If you Paper Trade ,you may not feel the effect of MTM,trade with ONE
lot of Minfty ,to understand the intricacies better.

2.You we have good option threads , because a LOT of strategies are involved.On contrary ,we have less threads on Futures because, futures
follow the same footsteps as equities. The only difference being they are
traded in LOTS whereas equities are available in multiples of ONES.