MY Excel stock tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amit

The excel spread sheet you have created is really a good one. Thanks a ton for it.
My suggestions, may be it's my personal preference, is to display data row wise (O L C H V) in place of column wise as is the current case. By using this method, you can have more scrip viewable than what the current settings allows and will take care of demand of a lot of people to include volume.

Also, it is again a suggestion, is to use the NSE data to update the sheets. All this will require downloading the data for all the scrip and then filtering out the users requested data. May be you can try this link for an example.

strurl="http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2006/APR/cm26APR2006bhav.csv"

The last three parts will be variables in the URL.
Year 2006 (format YYYY)
Month MMM
&
CM+day+MMM+YYYY+bhav.csv
Ofcourse, downloading the complete scrip means a download of some 50KB. But is more reliable, as its from NSE.

There was one more request I could see back in the thread where some one has requested for some kind of alerts when a pre-specified condition is met. You may include a timer in the sheet, I know that is directly not possible in excel, but may be you can use some third party ActiveX for this, or something similar.
This will prove to be very useful for people who cannot keep track of their favorite scrip as are busy with the office.
There is no end to the wish list. But these were the one currently on top of my mind. These were my humble suggestions. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,
Coool.

rpc

Hi Amitkr
I have been using your excel spreadsheet(ver 1.3) for quite sometime .Quite a useful spreadsheet.Thanks for the same.I believe you have now ver 1.4.Pls advice from where can I download it.
Thanks
rpc

Hi Amit

I am also using this file for last few days exclusily to get daily data.
Thanks for developing such a nice file/software.
Is it possible to insert few rows at the top to maintain purchase data etc for quick glance.
The stocks are from left to right after GET DATA. Can you please please mail the excel sheet with same function but from top to bottom..
my email id is [email protected]

thanks

ger

Amit

I am newbie in this arena, downloaded you excelsheet. Do you have any kind of documentation of each sheet functionality and purpose of the sheet?

Can you not set timer on intraday, so using defined interval, data will get refresh automatically?

On Index sheet, how can see the data of old dates, I added old dates but nothing will be generated, is there any othere way to update this?

Current Holding - How can I use this worksheet?
Watching - What is the purpose of this sheet and how it works? I tried various script code, nothing works?

Penny - What is the purpose of this? and how it can be use?
Intraday - Can we not set timer or interval so it will refresh automatically?

All gurus, forgive me, I am asking very beginner question as I told I am newbie in this arena.

I will appreciate any reply.

Ashish

ashishkanoongo said:
Amit

I am newbie in this arena, downloaded you excelsheet. Do you have any kind of documentation of each sheet functionality and purpose of the sheet?

Can you not set timer on intraday, so using defined interval, data will get refresh automatically?

On Index sheet, how can see the data of old dates, I added old dates but nothing will be generated, is there any othere way to update this?

Current Holding - How can I use this worksheet?
Watching - What is the purpose of this sheet and how it works? I tried various script code, nothing works?

Penny - What is the purpose of this? and how it can be use?
Intraday - Can we not set timer or interval so it will refresh automatically?

All gurus, forgive me, I am asking very beginner question as I told I am newbie in this arena.

I will appreciate any reply.

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Various sheets watching, penny,index are just to categorise the stocks... I used them for my convenience....

Using this tool you can get only todays data.... No past dates(Yahoo doesn't provide Historical data for indian stocks)

Sorry never got the time to document this... but its very simple ... just play with it and you will know...

Regards
Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.