Moin's Trading Dairy

muinali

wow those are the most colourful charts ive ever seen :)
:)it is nothing than colour only sometime i feel yahoo chart work better then this
like today (ema crossover,rsi---for trendy market/,macd,stoch----for trading market)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

muinali

simple stretagy of trading
i found there is discussion in a threads about use of single strategy or use of multiple in requirement
One of the easiest ways to lose money as a trader is to apply a trend following strategy in a sideways market. Unfortunately, most of us learn this the hard way. Some traders will eventually learn how to avoid sideways markets, and do fairly well with trend following strategies, but few traders ever learn how to make money in a market that is moving sideways. Armed with the right methods, a sideways market can be an ideal environment to pull money out of the market.

To understand a sideways market, it’s important to be able to recognize a trending one.
i use popular indicators like i ema crossover ,adx and rsi and chart patterns to read a market, in order to determine whether the market is trending up or down.
Another way to spot a trending market is to look for a market that is making higher highs and higher lows (an uptrend), or lower lows, and lower highs (a downtrend).

When a market isn’t making higher highs or lower lows, bars are typically overlapping as the market trades in a range. In this environment a trend fading strategy, selling highs and buying lows, is the perfect way to trade.
We are looking for the market to bounce back and forth, while we sell highs and buy lows. Although traders can technically trade different time frames,
In the chart below, you will notice that overlapping bars are often found in between trending markets.

Last edited:

ryan4ucar

Nice post buddy ... The market will do what it wants to do you just have to adjust every time to what its doing , get some confirmation that its going to be a trend day and then trade it like a trend day , get confirmation its going to be a range and start fading , some people who do multiple time frame analysis know certain price leves from where on its going to trend (probably) so they start buying at that level , there is a lot of study that has to be done before a trade is places .... I like the way you are posting charts and explaing your trades gives a sense you are working on your game very hard best of luck.

augubhai

When a market isnt making higher highs or lower lows, bars are typically overlapping as the market trades in a range. In this environment a trend fading strategy, selling highs and buying lows, is the perfect way to trade.
We are looking for the market to bounce back and forth, while we sell highs and buy lows. Although traders can technically trade different time frames,
In the chart abow, you will notice that overlapping bars are often found in between trending markets.

Overlapping bars show consolidation, not trending or ranging markets. Consolidation happens in trends as well. Unless you are trading single bars, you would be looking for non-overlapping bars even in ranging markets...

muinali

thanx aughubhai for noticing that it was mentioned for below chart ,not above,now corrected.but one thing i would like to say overlapping bar happen only in range market(or consolidated market whatever you say) if you see in higher time frame (like 60 min,120min etc) and often found in between trendy market.

i am not making it complicated for me it simple trading pattern i am not going to microscopic level because market not gives that much of time to me.

trump

Range market needs a different strategy and setup than a trending one.There is difference between ranging market and a choppy market with low volume.Before jumping guns its better to spend some time analysing the overall picture.
Best to keep the chart as simple as possible and clutter free.take care.

muinali

thats way i liked very much "escape" bro's thursday's naked overnight long position

Last edited: