MF Portfolio Review

Hi Ris,

Currently, as per my analysis, I still consider investing into these funds as fine. I look at past 3 years record especially 2008 to decide on my funds and from that angle, both these funds fall into my selection criteria.

DSPBR Microcap has been doing well if you look at the last 3 years record. IDFC imperial equity too has a decent performance though around a percentage lower than category average. However, from a long-term perspective, it should be fine. I will definitely review IDFC Imperial fund in months to come and am keeping a close watch on the same.

Happy Investing !!

Even I look at the long term performance while choosing the funds.But it's the reviewing part that I am not able to understand.It's often written that you should review your investments yearly.Wouldn't that mean changing over from funds that have not performed in the past one year in comparison to the category average.

I would appreciate if you could help me understand this part of annual reviewing.

Hi Ris,

I do advocate annual review. When I review, I compare the funds as against it's peers. If the fund in top-10 funds of it's category, I don't bother. However, if the fund has gone really bad i.e. returned very low returns as compared to some of it's peers (difference > 10%), then it's time to switch out.

Did I answer your question?

Happy Investing !!