MetaStock NSE Data downloader with VIX

xtalk

Folks,

Attached is the updated version of NSE Data downloader. Now you'd able to download BSE 30 (Sensex) index data in MS format. You'll be able see Nifty, Sensex and VIX!!

Let me know how it works in your PC.

Cheers!

Updated version is on post #1

Last edited:
Hai,

Please let me know the detailed procedure and also how toupdate on daily basis.

Thak you

It's a one click NSE data downloader and it can also download India VIX data in metastock format.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks.

P.S.: Attached updated version. You'd be able download now other major BSE indices as well. Enjoy!

P.S (07July). Updated another fix. Pls note BSE data usually updated after 6-6.30pm.

xtalk

sumahesh6268,

It's very simple to use. Just click on "Download" button once a day (after 6-6:30pm). You'll get daily EOD data at the EODdata folder. Use MetaStock's 'The Downloader' application to import the data.

In the 'The Downloader' app you need to click Tools->Convert. In Source box..Select the file (say, 04AUG2008.txt) and in Destination box select File type as metastock. You need to mention Destination folder as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
-xTalk

xtalk

kkseal said:
Hi

Thanks for providing your app to Traderji members.

I would like to use this as the current one i'm using is somewhat unstable & buggy. But one thing i'd like to know is how the volume calculations for the indices is done (particularly the Nifty & CNX 100). Will the volume be correct when the indices constituents change? Can i update the past volume data (when the index constituents were different) using this one?

Regards,
Kalyan.
Kalyan,

This application always download latest Nifty & Nifty Jr. stock symbols from the NSE Server. So, for example, Tata Power is newly added in NSE50, you should see it in niftylist csv file. Volumes of Nifty & Nifty Jr. calculated by adding volumes of each nifty & Nifty Jr stocks. For CNX 100 vol, it's Nifty vol+ Nifty Jr. vol.

Nse server don't have history of past index constituents. So, past index-vol data will be erroneous. Also, past vol data of an index doesn't reflect recent stock split/bonus. So, whats the use of past index volume? I'm not sure if professional data providers like esignal dynamically updates past index volume on the event of recent stock split/bonus. But I'm interested to know.

Keep updating here.

Thanks.
xtalk

Folks,

Attached is the updated version of NSE Data downloader. Now you'd able to download BSE 30 (Sensex) index data in MS format. You'll be able see Nifty, Sensex and VIX!!

Let me know how it works in your PC.

Cheers!

Updated version is on post #1
where is the attachment can u pls post ur latest version thanks