Metastock Formula

Hi
Could anyone from the forum help me in writing a system test for the following condition in metastock

if there is cross of closing price and 40 simple mov average & in next 1 - 5 days if the price increases by 2 % or approx 80 points then buy . plz someone correct me if i am wrong

cross(c,mov(c,40,s)) and roc(c,5,$) > +80

The above formula does not work in system tester and no buy or sell signals are plotted in metastock chart (sell is reverse of above condition). i request all the senior members to help me out with this condition in system tester

Hi
Could anyone from the forum help me in writing a system test for the following condition in metastock

if there is cross of closing price and 40 simple mov average & in next 1 - 5 days if the price increases by 2 % or approx 80 points then buy . plz someone correct me if i am wrong

The above formula does not work in system tester and no buy or sell signals are plotted in metastock chart (sell is reverse of above condition). i request all the senior members to help me out with this condition in system tester

Hi

Hi supreminfo,

try this.

As final entry condition I0ve included only the 2% increase/decrease from the buy/sell pre-condition price (close). As for the exit I've set a very simple cross of the MA by the close, if you want experiment here I think there're ample margins of improvement in this section.

As you can see analyzing the included trading system the best performances are those with slower MA and entry delay of about 6/8 bars; all this is understandable as a faster MA gives more trades including several ones in flat high volatility zones and this runs the system in dangerous situations, after all this is essentialy a trend following system. The relative higher entry delay bettering condition is likely due to the pullback effect that happens after the pre-condition set (the MA crossing).

enjoy

Marco aka gabibbo

ps: just noted that the attachment function doesnt permit to include a .rar file; I'll try a solution as soon as I can and will post teh link where to dl the system and expert file

Attachments

Open Metastock, Click on Tools->Expert Advisor->New and enter whatever name you want to give.

Then Click the Highlights tab -> New -> enter Bullish as name. Under condition add:
Mov(C, 5, E ) > Mov(O, 6, E ), Select colour as Blue. Click Ok.

Then similarly add an another condition under Highlights called Bearish under it add:
Mov(O, 6, E ) > Mov(C, 5, E ), select colour as Red and click ok.

For the BUY and SELL arrows:

Add the following two conditions under Symbol.

BUY

Cross( Mov(C, 5, E ) , Mov(O, 6, E ))

Select the appropriate symbol.

SELL

Cross( Mov(O, 6, E ) , Mov(C, 5, E ))

Select the symbol.

Click ok -> ok.

TO display this expert advisor, open any chart, then right click, select Expert Advisor -> Attach. Select the Expert Advisor you had jus made then click on Ok.
Can we have the same for Amibroker AFL, it work fine with Metastock ,Thank you Traderji

Hi All:

I am trying to write an exploration which gives me the number of days (n) a stock's range of (hhv(close,n)-llv(close,n))/llv(close,n) < 0.05

In other words, I want to list down the number of days a stock has been trading(closing) in a range less than 5%.

Thanks,
--Jas

Intraday buy and sell indicators

Hello traderji,

I have metastock pro 12, im an intraday trader,i wanna find out which stock is moving up or which stock is coming down in an intraday period, please help me how to get the result in metastock, is there any formula to be applied or is there any other thing which i can do it to get the prompt result

Plese help me

Hussain