Metastock Formula Help

D

darsh_goswami

This seems to be the limitation of Metastock at this time. Its programing language does not have inbuilt function to perform calculation on different timeframes. I faced the similar problem on daily /weekly/monthly timeframe.
Currently I am managing with manual workaround. I have created 3 explorer xxxx-monthly, xxx-weekly and xxx-daily. While creating explorer, it is possible to select timeframe from OPTION button.
On dayend, I save the results of first explorer in a folder, and supply this folder as input to 2nd explorer and so on.

I know this is inefficient, but serves my purpose for the time being. I am certainly looking forward for solution if other members on this forum post it.

Also heard, that EQUIS has very good support / forum etc It might be worth checking with their helpdesk if they have any solution.

Happy trading.
ploting weekly indicators or monthly indicators on daily charts , is possible in metastock.
Though was never able to change time frames on intraday charts. Yeah its clearly possible to plot daily indicators on Intradays. :)
Just google around , for such solutions.
Cheers