Metastock Expert Advisor - Pivot Analysis

AJAY

I request all the members to forget using zigzag as the basis for initiating a trade, either for entry or for exit. Pl. don't get carried away by looking at the historic tops and bottoms. Pl. keep in mind that the last leg of zigzag is highly dynamic and subjective. Pl. don't try to catch the most ideal condition. It would be only a myth. But if you are keen you can catch great trends by using normal, simple and dependable indicators. Pl. focus on it. No human being on this earth can achieve the most ideal condition. Instead anyone can develop the best trading mechanism on the globe, if he/she focuses and works. Pl. try to do it.
All the very best
AJAY

Hello James Alex,

The link has expired .
Could You repost it

Regards

-sanjayt

jamesalex_us said:
Dear Chedda & 4Candles

Please find the download link at;
http://www.savefile.com/files/8213795

PLEASE NOTE: When instaling the expert it will ask to overwrite the DLL files just click on continue/ok, dont worry it will not cause any harm to your existing software.

Hope it helps all the forum visitors. This is what it is meant for.

Regards
James Alex
Trend is your FRIENd, FOLLOW it

helloo all,
i believe Alok was right on the dot regarding zigzag although it was splendid on the part of karthik and james to be of such help. However, I believe that Ajay is fully correct too regarding the last leg of the zigzag. But this has a solution where the last leg can be fixed. Yes , you heard that correctly. I believe that it could greatly improve what karthik/james has done so far. I have the code some where and I will post it as soon as I can.
bye and rgds to all

I gone through ur pivot analysis, but it is not cleared to me that when i will take buy or sell depending on ur indicator. it will be helpfull if u kindly give an example. i am waiting for ur kind response.
thanks and regards
susobhan

karthikmarar said:
Alok, James and Avinash

Sorry for the delay in posting the Advisor code. Because of the size I am enclosing the same as a word file.

Please note that the Advisor is using the ZigZag function to detect the peaks and bottoms. The ZigZag function filters out changes in the data that are less than X percent or points, punctuating the significant moves. Our Advisor detects changes up to 2%. My observation is that it works for most of the charts. For some stock with large movements 4% seems to be better. The formula can be changed for this if required. More details provided in the enclosed file. I am working out a method the select the % before applying the Advisor.

Please provide your feedback and suggestions to make it better.

Hope this will be useful to you.

Thanks and regards

karthik

Thanks a Lot KArthik, I hope many people have missed out this wonderful thread. So I think to keep it alive for the new Joinees.

Regards
Raj

I want to know what is the diffrent between METASTOCK PRO AND METASTOCK EOD . Both software are diffrent or same . will you please expalin this to me thanks
Samer