Margin for new Nifty lot size?

newuser_RK

I am ready to contribute 500 INR.
I don't think money would be a problem. Who will do the dirty work? Find a lawyer go to court etc. I am ready to do but as per my company policy I can't trade in market so I can't risk this. Maybe someone from Mumbai take this up and I will more than willing to help.
1. Open a new thread
2. Get members support and contact on a shared excel
3. Discuss lawyers, way to go about this (hire Harish salwe or ram jhetmalani, just kidding)
4. Collect donation
5. Contact lawyer, discuss online and finally sue in high court may be in a PIL

I don't think money would be a problem. Who will do the dirty work? Find a lawyer go to court etc.
Established traders wont be interested as it might not affect them and new traders wont have the resources as they would be struggling to make money in the markets in the first place.
And I dont think SEBi will stop at this if allowed to have its way. Slowly they will ban Intra day trades and may be will make many more rules so that retail investor/trader is only left with either delivery based investment or Mutual Funds.

Last edited:

columbus

I think we need to sue sebi in Mumbai high court. What do you think guys let's contri 500 bucks and sue them in Bombay high court.
https://www.change.org/p/sebi-incre...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
There is already a petition in PIPELINE (Target :200, Already signed :140,you
can find it in this signature below).
I feel filing many petitions ,does not serve any purpose ,certainly it will put
pressure on SEBI to review the decision.The recent decision of SEBI works
in favour of HNI/FII/DII rather than RETAIL investor.

There is already a petition in PIPELINE (Target :200, Already signed :140,you
can find it in this signature below).
I feel filing many petitions ,does not serve any purpose ,certainly it will put
pressure on SEBI to review the decision.The recent decision of SEBI works
in favour of HNI/FII/DII rather than RETAIL investor.
Have already signed this. But does that page on change.org means they are really approaching the court?

columbus

Have already signed this. But does that page on change.org means they are really approaching the court?
Thank you.
The letter is addressed to SEBI and petition is moved by Rajendra K.
Instead of having too many petitions with lesser support ,it is better to have
one petition with more support.
The website boosts of some recent victories ,you can check their website.
The best way to mobilize support is to contact the like minded people by FACE BOOK,twitter or by E-MAIL.
(That is why ,I included it in my signature)

Last edited:

umeshmandal

Established traders wont be interested as it might not affect them and new traders wont have the resources as they would be struggling to make money in the markets in the first place.
And I dont think SEBi will stop at this if allowed to have its way. Slowly they will ban Intra day trades and may be will make many more rules so that retail investor/trader is only left with either delivery based investment or Mutual Funds.
Hmmm..... dont agree ! I feel SEBI will not do much to keep away the retail from market ! That works against the people SEBI wish to help : The HNI,DII, FII because after all its the retails trader that is 'fodder' for these BIG bulls or Honey for BIG bears ! Without the retail who will these people SELL to ! :p
Thats the reason that this move surprised so many ! I strongly feel that even the BIG Ticket traders also may be against this move of increasing the LOT SIZE !

Without the retail who will these people SELL to ! :p
Whats the ratio of Institutional volume to retail volume? Suppose if it is 90% and 10%, then how come 90% volume is absorbed by 10% volume?
Agree that retail traders are the last one in any big move, but its hard to believe that insititutions profits come only from retail traders.

Before bringing out this circular, SEBI has kept it on its website and invited comments from stock exchanges, public etc.So they are aware of the objections. So I have my own doubts how far these petitions like change.com will help.

Zerodha made change.com petition for getting an official defination of "Turnover" in F & O particularly in options...but what happened to that ?? A simple thing like this but nothing came from the Government.

Traders and Stock Exchanges have been requesting the Govt to do away STT for a long time. Traders dont have strong political lobby and their demands always fall on the deaf ears.

The only solution for getting the issue resolved is to file a petition in Mumbai High Court. The petition must have legal standing and hence Court petition will be the only solution.

But if the decision goes against them SEBI will most likely will go in appeal before larger bench or in Supreme Court so people should be ready for a long drawn battle to take this matter till Supreme Court.

Smart_trade