Manoj's Trading Diary

manojborle

stop loss revised to 5585

manojborle

ohh my god this power cut waiting for zerdha trader to re connect

manojborle

ohh god bless stop loss not triggered now revised to 5578.7

manojborle

could not hold more bought back nifty future @ 5539 for a handsome gain of 14000

should take off now today was an awesome day, 3 trades with a profit of 26000

manojborle

Once again bad exit, but at least managed good entries today, will try to work on exits.
I mostly exit looking at the profit which I don't want to lose, will have to control this urge and find some rational ways to exit

manojborle

Once again bad exit, but at least managed good entries today, will try to work on exits.
I mostly exit looking at the profit which I don't want to lose, will have to control this urge and find some rational ways to exit
will try to post todays entries and exits on chart

manojborle

tried to post a bigger image but could not do it, will find out some other way, hope the entry and exit points are clear.

1. Today NF opened with a Gap Up, first bar of the day was a huge bull trend bar followed by similar size bear trend bar.
So shorted NF @ 5586 expecting the gap to be filled, but almost 11-12 bars were above 20 ema so squared off short as soon as price traded below 20 ema @ 5581, NF made a low of 5576 here.

2. Second entry was a long trade above the bull trend bar high (H2) @ 5584 for a target of day's high @ 5593, but there was a huge bull trend bar breaking the resistance of 5595 and closing well above 5600. I was worried about not able to take profit so as soon as I see a bear trend bar forming I exited long @ 5607.
NF went on to make a high of 5622 (Need to work on this)

3 As NF made a high of 5622 it was a rising wedge, so now I was ready for short. As NF broken the rising trendline, I was expecting a pullback near 5622 where I was going to short but it didnt happen and NF straightway fell near 5570.
So now it became a very high probability short so decided to increase my position size and wait for L2 entry which came around 5576, so shorted NF @ 5576 with 5589 as stoploss for target of yesterday's low around 5550
it went right through my target to close around 5541 after 8 bars from entry and again I didn't want to lose profit so I squared off my short @ 5539
Again I exited too soon and NF made a low of 5594

So my entries today were alright but my exits were awfully wrong as I was mesmerised by the good profits and could not hold on to such good entries.
I will try to incorporate some way in my plan to exit so that I can stay in a trade for long time.

manojborle

Shorted NF @ 5514 but only 2 lots as stoploss is @ 5535 for target of 5494

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
manojborle Trading Diary 566
manojborle Trading Diary 651
manojborle Trading Diary 39