linkon's Stock options

linkon7

Hy linkon7

I make this trades sometimes with futures opitons and I never tried it with stock options.

To reduce the risk, I first own two long options atm and then I sell two otm options from different strike prices. You can do that in the same moment. You not have to wait until the market moves.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6322/13176608.png

As you see in the picture, I am on the upside unlimited open ( which is the god thing in this trades if the market would move up far and quick ) and on the downside I reduced the risk to a certain amount.

I don't now, if this way of trading is possible in India.

Regards

DanPickUp
U mean u create a spread. say in Nifty, u are having 2 lots of 4800 call, you sell 1 lot of 5000 call and 5100 call each, to protect the down side... Is that the method u r suggesting...

Or am i missing something still....:confused:

linkon7

tomorrow's pick :
IDBI, IFCI, Nagarfert, punjlyod, relcapital, reliance and suzlon
Not a single stock managed to break above the H4 / L4 levels...

Still holding IDFC @ 3.6, last traded price : 3.25

AW10

A system with higher than 1:5 risk reward ratio will have low strike rate. Only way to improve return is to distribute the risk to a basket. Now if i have 10 stocks in the basket, then all i need is 2 of them to click to ensure my capital is protected. If all 10 of them fails, then i seriously need to re-look the system.
Linkon, was looking at one of your post from weekend today.. and thought of sharing my views on it.

IMO, standard gyan of diversification,that we have read at many places and understood it.. is poor excuse of ignorance. Even portfolio management theory says that diversification beyond a level (I think > 10 securities in portfolio), doesn't benefit any more. Important is to know the Type of risk and how to manage them.

If you have 10 stocks in portfolio, u are just managing the company specific risk. You are still open to market related risk. If market goes down, all 10 stocks are going to go down.
Similarly if u have 10 types of systems, all are showing LONG positions now, that doesn't mean that u are safegaurded against mkt fall, even after 10 systems. For such protection, u need to manage +ive delta with -ive delta i.e. with some bearish position so safegaurd long positions.

Without forgetting that with diversification / hedging, you are putting break on the return.. i.e while u reduce the risk, u are paying the cost in terms of return.

Hence as smart trader, we need to understand what we are doing, what are the implication of it and when we need to apply breaks and when we need enjoy the ride.

Happy Trading

linkon7

This thread is closed...

Since MDP updates only one chart at a time, i cant scan stocks live when i am done trading NF. That forces me to assume positions EOD, which is going no where. Their subscription ends after another 34 days, then i'll shift to IB central and start building a plan for stock options...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 Options 170
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Day Trading 477
linkon7 Options 17