learning of a discretionary trader

oilman5

Re: learning of a discreationary trader

asishda, ...i mentioned mob.......may be small letter.
.......but main thing is scanner........in portfolio......seeing satisfactory trade entry/exit condition.......ha ha thats ur job.........
dont worry ...i dont cough any secret.

oilman5

btw.......for all trade learners,......read levermore and gann.....u shall learn speculation....
more imp....when not to speculate

oilman5

those who have read......livermore and gann......can read joe ross....and way to trade'...by piper.
after proper swot[strength,weakness,oppurtunity,threat]
now time TO read.....SAINT,CV.TRADERJI
hey if u r old guy like me........keep a fundamental hand.........
but true reflection of asishda.......'after i watch a chart.....and can not understand....what state it is.............i should not trade......what is the value of studying ta then?price reflects everything.......
YES SEE THE CHART....SLEEP WITH IT
.......next learn software........here most of us lagging
ur idea can be implementable by trade signal.......not vice versa
......only cv.uasish.sachin chavan.hitendra vasudev.sudhir.sandip patil and traderji can do it
concept of signal/entry /exit automised.
....personally here i defer......as i believe in subjectivity........
amit,saint.....can do this smoothly.....as if its their in blood
.....loss and accuracy ......is random event......but really they have EDGE
the software......one should take sufficient time to learn
.......learn scanner........% of accuracy......here computer help.
now experiment.....which style and time frame u trade better........ur actual result.
stick to it.......with a defined stock list.......
......thats all my friend
......btw.....avoid trap of call giver

oilman5

how to understand fundamental
it depends on who u r......how u want to make money?
if u r normal mortal like me.......read the pro report prepared by good house....ofcourse with pinch of salt
....if u could get info tank..........like arun kejriwal.........u must learn .....news based play on high volume.
.....but if u a report preparation guy.....with cfa/mba......never trade.
u cant handle it.....instead buy on deep correction.....with conviction
...if ur study right......money will double.....autometically
but do we know real calculation.......and how to interpret........here my answer is rare event
......most data r prefabricated with biased interest.......
yes i am doing it with first hand experience with audit/project interpolation/viability manipulation ......so projection of future /profitability.......r actully a figure as desired by ceo/cmd......for most of company.......only investors meet.....report.....r viable provided u smell like detective.
.....last 2 quarter must be studied ....with business model and order in hand......ofcourse how already it reflected in price......
yes it has subjectivity......thats why EXPERIENCE calls for.
in india...a report by etintelligence helpful

oilman5

trade preparation.......psychology
its the toughest aspect of trading......not because of trade..but due to wrong understanding
....trading is not that tough ......if u have learned right step......but next to impossible....if u r av joe.....in life ..and follow crowd mentality....whether live in urban/protected trade atmosphere.
.....let me clarify.
remember.....dancer's story ...of telegraph trade......he is cut off......so he gets what he wants to know.........and when he comes near by......lost all his touches.....a rooky trader
.....again get out......atleast his break out style and quick loss booking and reentry has good follower.......in golden age.....in upcoming bullmarket
so fact remains.......u have to independent........trial and tested method to fit u.....which must have +ive expectency
.....for day trading....i personally feel its easy......as u should trade based on software[most suicidal nature......you....is nomore available to damage u......
still u think u r the genius , know better than .....then go give patent of programming.....earn by selling it.
best of best......use some signal.....a biased directional play.....a validity of continuation...in big volume.....and earn by accuracy.
to reach that level trader practices day in day out .....system implementation/back testing
and..simple mm........definitely execution is highest
only part of psychology is ......stress within limit ......no more
but when we move from day to shortterm.....we have a dilemma.....rationality of who can think/decide better.......computer or i.......with eod /weekly signal....news flow money flow.....derisking.....and pet indicator......we create a hotchpotch.....dream with greed....
take a trade....if right....happy , superior ego.......if wrong .....frustration[blame game]....
forgetting....result is a probabilistic event..........a good trader knows this....so after trade handle trade better by watching it.......getting out with small loss/run the profit one....
and a time[patience]..to resolve conflict on market...to be watched for,
.....to understand this......greed /fear/hope....must be replaced with....risk analysis and mm
if possible......chance of being right /wrong......here those who like us study probability/statistics......has some edge......but expectation trap......is quicksand trouble in real scenario.
......so u vs. ur knowledge vs software vs indicator trap vs news trap vs ur decisionmaking skill............a psychological whirlpool is created.
here ta comes..helpful.....diary is a good tool.....case basis.....from past analysis study..how many times why u r right......how better u can fight on uncertain terms

oilman5

so u understand when u change from day to short term ......impact on psychological front
......now suppose u believe in core trading......
1] break out style
2] trend style ..continuation concept
........psychologically from study of past.......on what condition they have higher probability
......this likely event scenario......is mostly misunderstood by normal trader ,forget common mass....
luckily.....saint/traderji....try level best to teach core trading
.....the ground rule ta based/pattern .....must be followed with discipline
3rd concept......reversal pt intermediate pivot .....i personally think ad get may help...also other software like dt/mtpredictor has same principle.......
basic is at 4....u buy......at 5 u sale.....but......subjectivity....part one must have that much experience to handle reversal/contrarian thought process
candle revesal @bottom and top ....definitely helpful.
but core of trading.......how much more u play......when u r right......a skill .....not yet to be taught.......as its self realisation[may be a mentor may help]

oilman5

the child of market......call giver......call taker............has no chance in reality to understand market......as they r not healthy child......in terms of neo-nazi
......i should say depth of them r so poor.......its a matter.....money when leave them.
...sunil [ss]tries to define them......unfortunately they r majority ...[insects]
....grand work of ss explaining fund flow and threat idea.........a genuine.....idea.....to solve riddle of market
all the best to my fellow readers

oilman5

sucessful traders has 2 distinctive superiority
1]a particular time frame in which he shall play......and a definite style
2]predictive mode or reactive mode
first thing......intraday......day.......short term.......intermediate......r known to everyone
also the style......break out.....pull back ...short at top.....bottom fishing....continuation with momentum.......r spl mention not reqd.......as already systemised.....many a trader play
.....with definite.....derisk model which suits him
so timeframe.....style....derisk......this 3......creates a set....now compatibility
.....the word successful.......clearly tells........its already done....nofurther experiment pl
2] predictive mode vs. reactive.......
elliot or wave.....count....it suggests........but price confirmation must.....otherwise...its russian roulette
in reactive case.....trader develops.......a mental state.....in which he follows....the event of market ....direction and strength[trade what u see]
....all whipsaws r not to be attended........problem is nobody knows change is normally abrupt
....so some theory develops to watch one higher/one lower time frame.
..still randomness is a governing factor
......only with exceptional mental stability[example cv].....a person can be flexible like clay
....can react most of the time RIGHT
......for others.....a jone has to be created......on certain conditional fulfilment accept a trade......otherwise....REJECT THE OPPURTUNITY[considering uncertainity]
.....THIS ATTUNEMENT I CALL PSYCHOLOGY OF SUCCESSFUL TRADER
...with this psychology part is over
oilman5

oilman5

other factor like ta/mm/info/good broker/software.......r easily available in traderji.com
so i am not commenting.........still i suggest diary writing.....take a print on entry and exit of chart....for future analysis of learning curve
however stock scanning is a method to learn .....as software can help u[time management]
here again programmer r hundred step ahead
use any software.........to the best of its ability
...so now i start study on it......and volatility predictive model
.....wish u all the best

U

uasish

The effort reflects a golden heart to share,many imp. points covered fluidly,needs actual digestion & assimilation rather than ingestion only.A positive contribution to the forum.