KotakSecurities - Review & Feedback

re: KotakSecurities - Review & Feedback

Hey!
the exact same thing happened to me. And you know what they kept saying to me that " it is strange that this has happened to you. it never happened before!"
yeah! Lying through their teeth. Because only days later I was discussing with a few friends of my horror experiences with the kotak securities. I happened to meet 2 others who had faced trouble.
We should do a collective lawsuit against these fellas I think.

Murali, Hope you get your money back. I too faced lot of headache.
I also have some suggestions to help you as I have been through the same.

Let's connect some time soon.

Regards
bespectacled

Kotak sec service is very junk. Three months back I had changed my bank account from HDFC to citibank. Closed my bank a/c with HDFC.
Kotak guys updated in thier records and I too hold mutual fund units and they didn't update MF registrars about new bank a/c and I did redemption 15 days back and till now money not credited. Reason is registrar trying to put moeny into old closed account.

Kotak customer care is not responding to my queries. God knows when will i get my MF money.

I PREFER TO CALL KOTAK AS 'KOTA' 'TAKKA' (TAKKA IN KANNADA = CHEAT). CUSTOMER SERVICE?. THEY DO NOT KNOW THE CONCEPT. YES, IT IS REPUTED BUSINESS HOUSE. UNFORTUNATELY NOT THEIR EMPLOYEES. I DO HV EXPERIENCE WITH HSG. FINANCE OF KOTA. THEREAFTER, I AVOIDED THEIR BANKING AND SECURITIES AS WELL. THEY HAD OPENLY CHEATED ME IN HOUSING LOAN. APART FROM THIS, AS I SAID ABOVE, THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AS SUCH. IF I GET e-mail of Udaya Kotak, I shall write to him the fact which apparently he is not aware. Friends, pl. avoid / boycott all cheaters.
Dear All,
Don't trust this Kotak securities they are sharks

Hi,

As a person mainly day trading with Kotak for the last 6 plus years, I think I can pass an opinion on them. It was because of courteous dealings of the employees in the local centre, I was attracted to them and they are the very same even now, attentive and caring. It is their HO, which is not responsive and often obtuse. Recently they have become more of it and customer unfriendly. I shall cite a few examples.

1. Where on earth an organization charges for updating their customer’s email address. Kotak charges Rs.25/- for that. For that matter for making any change in your profile registered with them. In my case, the profile was filled up by their local staff, who made the mistake 6 years ago. Of course, I signed it blank beforehand, as we all do while filling up complicated forms. Anyway, let us admit that it is our responsibility. But why a charge for updating their customer’s email id? I refused and they have rejected my request to change email id. But interestingly, we continue to correspond through my email id (which they say is unregistered with them) even now as we were doing all these 6 years.

2. Their intraday chart shows different patterns at different times in a day in recent times. Hence if our internet connection is gone during the day and if we reconnects, we get a different pattern of chart. If we take trade decisions based on those charts, it is highly probable that we may go wrong. I pointed out it to them and sent sample screen shots and explained it to their local team. They are unable to redress it. Without good chart, it is not possible to do day trading, all of us know it.

3. Recently they have introduced minimum charge of Rs.11/- (Reduced from Rs.21/- on my request). I am still requesting them to waive it for no avail. A day trader cannot afford such minimum charge as we often put small orders to confirm trends. Further, even if we put a big order, it is possible that it is executed partially. So we change order quantity and price again, when the minimum charge affect us. In spite of all my efforts and follow up, they have not waived the minimum charge.

4. Further, a customer has to give minimum brokerage pertaining to a scrip valued Rs.100/- even if your scrip is below Rs.100/-. That means you have to give 10 times the agreed brokerage if you trade a scrip valued Rs.10/-

5. There is no easy systems for putting trailing stop losses and its auto-updating as many other brokers do give these days.

It was due to the inertia for changing a platform which I used for so many years that I did not switch from Kotak until now. Now it is time that I shall change. I am researching on it.

Would my friends on the forum suggest cost effective and good brokerage at this point?

Regards,

Sebastine