Karthik's CRUDE Intraday Strategy

wisp

Hi All,

Can any one explain. What if price not triggered 2nd candle? Can I sell/buy at 3rd candle or I have to count freshly?
I think put filter above 2nd candle and see if it triggers on 3rd, etc.

wisp

Dear Karthik_sri,

I have a couple of doubts..

1) If we get bar 1 with close and open above 3ema and the next bar 2 is an inside bar with close above and below 3ema. Do we take trade above bar 1 or bar 2?

2) If Bar 2 low is below bar 1, does the setup cancel?

3) If yesterday, we had a bar open close above 3 ema, do we wait for a fresh bar today?

Thanks for the help.

The 3 EMA chart data of Sharekhan and my 3 EMA excel calculation doesn't match...What could be the reason?

EXCEL_SHRKHANDATA.png

=C4*2/(1+$P$3)+L$3*(1-2/(1+$P$3))

Last edited:

karthik_sri

Dear Karthik_sri,

I have a couple of doubts..

1) If we get bar 1 with close and open above 3ema and the next bar 2 is an inside bar with close above and below 3ema. Do we take trade above bar 1 or bar 2?

2) If Bar 2 low is below bar 1, does the setup cancel?

3) If yesterday, we had a bar open close above 3 ema, do we wait for a fresh bar today?

Thanks for the help.
Hi Wisp,
Replies to your quieris...

1) If we get bar 1 with close and open above 3ema and the next bar 2 is an inside bar with close above and below 3ema. Do we take trade above bar 1 or bar 2? ---> Please consider the Bar 1 High for taking the trade.

2) If Bar 2 low is below bar 1, does the setup cancel? --->No as long as the subsequent bar has not closed below 3 EMA open (in case of 1st bar Open & cloase is above 3 EMA Open) up

3) If yesterday, we had a bar open close above 3 ema, do we wait for a fresh bar today? ---> No need to wait you can place the order basis the bar below or above 3EMA Open

Hope clarifies...:)

wisp

Hi Sammy
Pls keep some % of cushion over the trigger price as we take 8 points cushion in CRUDE like wise in other scrips also keep that. I generally keep 0.10% cushion over the trigger price mean to say on High or Low trigger price. In the case of RELIANCE cash scrip of 09.12.14 i have posted the chart below. The Buy trigger was generated on the 3rd candle which i have marked. The High price was 950.00 and if you add 0.10% over the High Price your entry for Buy would be 950.95. The next candle high was 950.70 thereafter the price went down.

Crude is trading at 3xxxx, we take 8 point cushion, reliance at 9xx and we take around 1 point cushion. Why is crude cushion relatively higher, is cushion % different for MCX? thanks a lot

In crude we are expecting min 10 point move, how much would you expect in reliance or other scrips?

karthik_sri

Crude is trading at 3xxxx, we take 8 point cushion, reliance at 9xx and we take around 1 point cushion. Why is crude cushion relatively higher, is cushion % different for MCX? thanks a lot

In crude we are expecting min 10 point move, how much would you expect in reliance or other scrips?
MCX Cushion is more as the Volatility in Crude is more, whereas in NSE it is not like that. Crude will move 50-100 points in a day, but NSE stocks will not barring selective stocks. You can check the cushion for every scrip and amend the filter according to your risk level, for this, you have to work/do back testing/paper trading...