Is Nifty 3100 PUT at Rs. 120 a good trade?

Hi there

Is Nifty 3100 PUT option (1 lot) at Rs. 120 a good trade to do?

I couldn't pick it at a lower price and now it seems to have gone all the way to 165 before falling back to early 100s levels. I think it may rise up again later today so was thinking of buying.

-Amit

bandlab2

todays close indicated we are strong above 3200. if we close below 3200 then next support is at 3000

even if you buy, you should square quickly with some profit. i would not suggest to buy now

hi,
i am new to option trading.
i have put at 3100 - premium 105
and also call at 3300 - premium 210
what should i do ?
i am trading thru icicidirect, how brokrage is calculated in option trading ?

thanx.....

L

learn2trade08

dear tushar brokerage on options are calculated like this:
strike_price*premium*brokerage
3100*105*.05(assuming ur paying .05 since icici is high)= 162.75.
hope this helps.

hi,
i am new to option trading.
i have put at 3100 - premium 105
and also call at 3300 - premium 210
what should i do ?
i am trading thru icicidirect, how brokrage is calculated in option trading ?

thanx.....

Icicidirect is at least good in charging brokerage on options. The flat charge per lot ranges from Rs. 65 to Rs. 95 per lot + taxes.

Total Eligible Premium Value per month Flat brokerage per contract lot (Rs.) Above Rs. 20 lacs 65
Rs. 10 Lacs - Rs. 20 lacs 70
Rs. 5 lacs - Rs. 10 lacs 75
Rs. 2 lacs to Rs. 5 lacs 85
Less than Rs. 2 Lac 95

If you square off on the same day no brokerage on other leg.

Hi Amit,

PUT prices will change rapidly eiether side compare to call options...Its better to have a Target...(for this you got to any threads from saint or Uashish where they give the support & resistance values daily)

Plz go to Ghosh's thread "option buy recomendations" he have developed a good system there...

Regards

kumar

Hi there

Is Nifty 3100 PUT option (1 lot) at Rs. 120 a good trade to do?

I couldn't pick it at a lower price and now it seems to have gone all the way to 165 before falling back to early 100s levels. I think it may rise up again later today so was thinking of buying.

-Amit

THanks for the tips. I finally picked up 3100 PUTS at 110 yesterday and ended up selling them at 125, because i didn't feel sure about the fall. It went all the way upto 170 as the Nifty broke 3100!

I will take a look at the links provided and other beginner materials on options trading.

Regards

-Amit

If in put option u sell at 125 is u make profit or loss?My question is In call option we making profit if preium/currentprice increase?In put price need.to decrease to make profit?Please correct me wrong?