Is Forex Trading in India legal from Alpari india ?

As because Forex is not traded thru any exchange that is why RBI has stated no Indian staying in India can transfer money abroad for the purpose of trading Forex.They have never said Forex trading is illegal like smugling.Only to safeguard the citizen of India from unregulated brokers/sharks of Forex RBI has made this prohibition.Even the USA govt has made several ammendments recently in Forex trading rules to safeguard US citizens.Let us not blame RBI.
They must have thought something to protect us from Forex scamstars.

I would request you all to visit rbi website and refer LRS. Hope this clarifies that Forex trading is not allowed in INDIA.

Q. 3. What are the prohibited items under the Scheme?

Ans. The remittance facility under the Scheme is not available for the following:

i) Remittance for any purpose specifically prohibited under Schedule-I (like purchase of lottery tickets/sweep stakes, proscribed magazines, etc.) or any item restricted under Schedule II of Foreign Exchange Management (Current Account Transactions) Rules, 2000;

ii) Remittance from India for margins or margin calls to overseas exchanges / overseas counterparty;

iii) Remittances for purchase of FCCBs issued by Indian companies in the overseas secondary market;

iv) Remittance for trading in foreign exchange abroad;

v) Remittance by a resident individual for setting up a company abroad;

vi) Remittances directly or indirectly to Bhutan, Nepal, Mauritius and Pakistan;

vii) Remittances directly or indirectly to countries identified by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as non co-operative countries and territories, from time to time; and

viii) Remittances directly or indirectly to those individuals and entities identified as posing significant risk of committing acts of terrorism as advised separately by the Reserve Bank to the banks.

Hello all dudes (Insects...me also )of fx...

Meri dimag ka dahi bangaya booss!

I read all posts n coments, but there is still question ( million$ question) IS FOREX TRADING LEGAL OR ILLEGAL IN INDIA/ INDIAN RESIDENT?

I have one idea to solve this question. I need support n suggestions from all u friends. I want to ask for information about its legacy to RBI under Right To Information Act. If they give positive answer i will celebrate this day like my B'day every year .

Do u think guys this can solve our curiosity???

Dr. Dev

SavantGarde

First thing no where in RBI's policy does it state that Indian Citizen cannot trade FX & also there is no mention of that one cannot trade with a foreign broker based in another country.

'Remittances From India' in RBI's Policy is the key to interpretation

Despite several attempts to clear the doubts.... still queries are raised

One has to understand that RBI under no circumstance can allow remittances from India & policy statement is designed to protect its Forex reserves...

SavantGarde

Hello all dudes (Insects...me also )of fx...

Meri dimag ka dahi bangaya booss!

I read all posts n coments, but there is still question ( million$ question) IS FOREX TRADING LEGAL OR ILLEGAL IN INDIA/ INDIAN RESIDENT?

I have one idea to solve this question. I need support n suggestions from all u friends. I want to ask for information about its legacy to RBI under Right To Information Act. If they give positive answer i will celebrate this day like my B'day every year .

Do u think guys this can solve our curiosity???

Dr. Dev
Hello Again.. Please visit rbi website and refer LRS point number 3.

You can very well see what is prohibited under this scheme..

iv) Remittance for trading in foreign exchange abroad;

As per RBI resident of India cannot remit funds for trading forex. However Under the Scheme, resident individuals can acquire and hold immovable property or shares or debt instruments or any other assets outside India, without prior approval of the Reserve Bank. Individuals can also open, maintain and hold foreign currency accounts with banks outside India for carrying out transactions permitted under the Scheme.

fxgood

Forex trading from India is always legal and it never become illegal else no one can trade forex and RBI has never been told it is illegal to trade forex from India.
Only thing banned or not permitted by RBI as of now is, trading forex using LRS schemes to fund your account, else this is perfectly legal business just like stocks or trading commodities in India

But its will be illegal if you trade with ALPARI if you use LRS scheme to fund to their UK account and it becomes violation under FEMA and you may face legal headaches when taking withdrawals out in such cases

Hi
Today i received call from alpari mumbai regarding my queries mailed them before four days back. He said that TRADING FOREX IS YET ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO THE LATEST RBI NOTIFICATION IN SEP 10. But he also told me that they are registered to SEBI for currency trading for INR wth others like USD or EUR. If anybody wish to trade in indian currency pair future he can go wth alpari but to forex trading he said u can do on ur risk. But its ILLEGAL.

Regards
dr. dev

fxgood

Hi
Today i received call from alpari mumbai regarding my queries mailed them before four days back. He said that TRADING FOREX IS YET ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO THE LATEST RBI NOTIFICATION IN SEP 10. But he also told me that they are registered to SEBI for currency trading for INR wth others like USD or EUR. If anybody wish to trade in indian currency pair future he can go wth alpari but to forex trading he said u can do on ur risk. But its ILLEGAL.

Regards
dr. dev
Trading forex is not illegal as per RBI norms only using LRS schemes to transfer your funds is mentioned not permitted under RBI circular.

Trading forex is not illegal as per RBI norms only using LRS schemes to transfer your funds is mentioned not permitted under RBI circular.
Thanks for ur prompt attention.

U mean to say transfer of money to ur trading account or to the fx broker through credit cards is legal?

I read fxcm micro website read details of the fund withdrawal .. they mentioned that only the amount u deposited to open an account will b credited to the credit card (if u paid them by credit card) and the remaining profit will b send to u by any other available mode ( like wire transfer or cheque). I think this can also cause problem in the income statement while filing return.

Also i want to state that pls read the rules and conditions of the creditcard provider. They clearly mentioned that money transfer should be done as per RBI guidelines.

My personal question to u sir...R u real fx trader. pls guide me i want to earn legally coz i dont want to indulge in illegal activity i afraid loosing my gvt. job.

Thankx !
Regards
Mercyman