Is Daytrading dangerous?

rangarajan

Dear Credit,
I look forward to yr tutorials for my self improvement.
Are you in India & if so in which place.Hod do i contact you if you have no reservation of meeting.I am at Chennai.
ranga

Dear Credit,
I look forward to yr tutorials for my self improvement.
Are you in India & if so in which place.Hod do i contact you if you have no reservation of meeting.I am at Chennai.
ranga
There you are CV

See... if you are generous, there will be hordes willing to pay you for it

Think of an alternative profession:D

AGILENT

jdm

hi folks,
even if you get the best system, aka the holy grail, then also you will end up loosing the market. theres a saying in the street "even if one gets tomorrows paper today, he/she will end up loosing."

theres no alternative to hard work. of course some cues from people like cv do helps a lot. but again, cv leaves enough infos about his system and his understanding of the market in his posts, blog etc. but then you cannot expect him to bottle feed you.

cheers,
jdm.

hi folks,
even if you get the best system, aka the holy grail, then also you will end up loosing the market. theres a saying in the street "even if one gets tomorrows paper today, he/she will end up loosing."

theres no alternative to hard work. of course some cues from people like cv do helps a lot. but again, cv leaves enough infos about his system and his understanding of the market in his posts, blog etc. but then you cannot expect him to bottle feed you.

cheers,
jdm.
Nice comments JDM

From what u write , it apears even you have access to (or knowledge of) some foolproof method of consistently profitable Daytrading.

By that I mean a win/loss ratio of , say >7/10.

Is that correct ? If so, hat's off !

Futher, I think u guys should seriously leave yr professions and devote full time to day trading. What say ? After all, it doesn't require much capital , or patience.

( By the way, daytraders are liable to pay IT @ 30 % instead of 10% , correct ?)

AGILENT

jdm

Nice comments JDM
thanks, and welcome back.

From what u write , it apears even you have access to (or knowledge of) some foolproof method of consistently profitable Daytrading.

By that I mean a win/loss ratio of , say >7/10.

Is that correct ? If so, hat's off !
"your boss may not have the skills or knowledge you have, but sure he doesn't have the cons which you have". well thats the definition of boss which i came across sometimes back. and this is also applicable to trading also.

first theres no foolproof method. even the speculator of all times jesse livermore went bankrupt three times.

this ratio 7/10 or 9/10 etc is the most misleading stuff. one can have a 3/10 win/loss ration and still make money, similarly one can have a 7/10 win/loss ratio and still loose money. one should be more interested in maximizing their capital rather than this win/loss ratio.

Futher, I think u guys should seriously leave yr professions and devote full time to day trading. What say ? After all, it doesn't require much capital , or patience.
yea, i quit my job to be a trader. same with cv, ajay etc.

( By the way, daytraders are liable to pay IT @ 30 % instead of 10% , correct ?)
no trading profit is treated as business income and is taxed at 30% :(

ashish is the right person to provide further insight in tax matters.

cheers,
jdm.

rangarajan

Dear Agilent,
Anything given free is not appreciated.But,Gratitude,well it is entirely different matter & left to individuals.There is nothing wrong in paying for a peson's expertise.Even in a poor(!) country like ours,Education,a constitutional right of a citizen,is available only at exhorbitant price, including govt schools.So why expect charity from an individual for his expertise unless the person opts for it.Anyway,i am not sure whether you were serious in yr posting.
Let us expect some good tutorials from CV.After all,i have learnt & gained lot of good things from this forum members & that is Gratitude.
This reply is in a lighter vein agilent.I have a nagging feeling that you are a close friend of CV.All the best
ranga

Dear Agilent,
Anything given free is not appreciated.But,Gratitude,well it is entirely different matter & left to individuals.There is nothing wrong in paying for a peson's expertise.Even in a poor(!) country like ours,Education,a constitutional right of a citizen,is available only at exhorbitant price, including govt schools.So why expect charity from an individual for his expertise unless the person opts for it.Anyway,i am not sure whether you were serious in yr posting.
Let us expect some good tutorials from CV.After all,i have learnt & gained lot of good things from this forum members & that is Gratitude.
This reply is in a lighter vein agilent.I have a nagging feeling that you are a close friend of CV.All the best
ranga
Haha

all I think I have in common with CV is our Engg degrees.

otherwise , I think (guess) he is young enuf to be my son

God bless him ... (he is smart)

AGILENT:rolleyes:

jatayoo

Hullo
I'm not 58 as yet, friend.... but good to chat

Will pm you

AGILENT
:D :D
Looks like Agilent and rangarajan have company on the board in the +50 category--Jatayoo at +57 and feels like 5 + 7 at heart and intellect.
?????????? You guys into day-trading.I have followed the best masters and found hardly one with a 5/10 score.Looking at the nifty and sensex charts through a microscope is wrong
Your rosy dreams go for a song.
Step back and see the charts
said jesse livermore,brave hearts
seeing things long term was his Art
Today on this board i read we are "a" of the "c" of the "d'on a hop
On stepping back i see a rounding intermediate top
will be confirmed in a week or two
I do'nt mind holding cash,do you???????;)