Is Daytrading dangerous?

beginner_av

why should it deter a prepared individual who has put in the work because of some generally quoted performance figures.
CV loud and clear quite some time back. if you are determined you can. like we are debating DT vs position trading, there can be huge meaningless discussion about trading vs investing, investing in stocks vs other asset classes, risk hedging vs risk exploitation and ........
if you can, then do it. else watch others who can.

ever heard of amibroker?
No, I use another back testing software that combines TA and fundamental analysis for the US markets ( and of course ADRs ) . Does Amibroker offer Fundamental Data for Indian Markets? From the quick look I had at Amibroker, It looked to me like a TA analysis software and the fundamental data is for the US markets, anyways I will dig in more.
I am specifically looking for an affordable fundamental data providers if there are no back testing engines.
Thanks,

Last edited:
No, I use another back testing software that combines TA and fundamental analysis for the US markets ( and of course ADRs ) . Does Amibroker offer Fundamental Data for Indian Markets? From the quick look I had at Amibroker, It looked to me like a TA analysis software and the fundamental data is for the US markets, anyways I will dig in more.
I am specifically looking for an affordable fundamental data providers if there are no back testing engines.
Thanks,
Do u need a spade?

Friend, It is possible to use Ami for both TA and FA!

To any degree if you know some elementary programming!

Last edited:

rangarajan

sir, trading is a competitive sport. ever talked about law of averages to Tiger Woods or Roger Federer or Schumi

Joining date sep 2005 & we are in dec 2007.So,beginer should have become an expert & rightly reflected in the postings.
The names mentioned by you ,Golf,Tennis,the third ,is he Formula champ?
ranga,
chennai

kkseal

... Choose a level that is easy for you to defend, tough enough to keep you intrested.
That's a beautiful line :)

I'll never daytrade as i'm too slow a thinker for trading smaller tfs. What's worse i'm too uncomfortable with impromptu decisions without enough thought behind them (so it'd hardly help to tell me there's no need to think, just follow the price with strict money mgmt etc.)

Also the costs of daytrading is too high. You need the best h/w, s/w, quotes, connectivity - even the best power back-up. The cost-benefit ratio doesn't look appealing enough. At the same time the Weekly & Monthly are too 'sluggish' to be of interest. So i stick too EOD.

Regards,
Kalyan.

P.S. The Intraday quotes data is however very useful (as it 'leads' the daily)

rangarajan

far from confusing, CV's answers are very very clear. he is sometimes indirect even sarcastic. i had the good fortune of prolonged interactions with him. well for all those whi cant see through the maze, clear your vision, open your minds, put your defenses away and deflate your ego. more than answers, you will find much more than what you asked.
Cool,beginer,i have also admired many of CV's posting since i joined this forum.No offence meant to him & postings should be taken sportingly,unless harshness meant & used openly.
Happy trading,
ranga