Is " Buy and Hold " Investing Dead ?

amitrandive

how does time frame nt matter a LAY investor ? i m sure every lay investr had asked himsef 1 question at sm point of time in his investing or trading career as HAD ONLY I CUD HAD HOLD DIS STOCK FR A FEW MORE DAYS, I WUD HAD GT A HUGE WINDFALL GAIN !! :)
sudoku1

You are right!!!

My point is the layman investor depends on the media,analysts,websites for making his investing decisions.He may not check the balance sheets or price charts.If he invests his money for a long term,on what basis does he do that?

Ideally they will be investing in the Blue chips of Nifty as they are fundamentally good companies.If the dependable blue chips do not perform,the investor has locked in his money for nothing.

:D

sudoku1

sudoku1

You are right!!!

My point is the layman investor depends on the media,analysts,websites for making his investing decisions.He may not check the balance sheets or price charts.If he invests his money for a long term,on what basis does he do that?

Ideally they will be investing in the Blue chips of Nifty as they are fundamentally good companies.If the dependable blue chips do not perform,the investor has locked in his money for nothing.

:D
first of all who is d lay investr? he is d one who depends on the media,analysts,websites for making his investing decisions.He may not check the balance sheets or price charts.
dis can happen even wid a smart investr.i am again sure u may hav cm across a number of smart investrs who hav lost a fortune in so called blue chips . d only difference btwn a lay n a smart investr is KNOWLEDGE.d more knowledge an invesotor fetches, d less mistakes he makes n lesser d mistakes, smarter he becomes, where as a LAY wil always b laid down by d mkt.:)

Last edited:

amitrandive

first of all who is d lay investr? he is d one who depends on the media,analysts,websites for making his investing decisions.He may not check the balance sheets or price charts.

dis can happen even wid a smart investr.i am again sure u may hav cm across anumber of smart investers who hav lost a fortune in so called blue chips . d only difference btwn a lay n a smart investr as KNOWLEDGE.d more knowledge an invesotor fetches, d less mistakes he makes n lesser d mistakes, smarter he becomes, where as a LAY wil always b laid down by d mkt.:)
:clap::clap::clap:

prst

i was a regular player of RNRL and RPL and and rest is history me and the scrips vanished frm market :D
such stories scare the hell out of newbie wannabe investors :)
also, Punj loyd and educomp were seen to be fundamentally strong and investor's darling stocks.
but look at their current levels

praveen taneja

such stories scare the hell out of newbie wannabe investors :)
also, Punj loyd and educomp were seen to be fundamentally strong and investor's darling stocks.
but look at their current levels
Dont forget Teledat Infotec split at 85 open at 30 now 15 paisa other company yet to list promoter sold every single share:mad::mad::mad::mad: