Is 10 Crore tradable in Indian F/O

What is The Max amount you are trading with?

• Upto 5 Lakh

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • 5 Lakh To 10 Lakh

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 10 Lakh to 20 Lakh

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 20 Lakh to 50 Lakh

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 50 Lakh to 1 Crore

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 1 Crore to 5 Crore

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 5 Crore to 10 Crore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Above 10 Crore

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters

DanPickUp

Hi,
First of all, I don't intend to trade with 10 crore, cuz I simply don't have that..:D :lol: . I want to know in trading, what is the max amount one can trade, whether intra-day, swing(not positional). Now I'm not asking about investing, as I know its quite possible in investing, I'm asking about trading(Whether intra-day or swing only).

Again, many ppl will say you can trade that much if you have that much. But here is it practically possible? Lets say to trade 10 crore ,one would be needing to at-least trade with 200 lots(assuming one lot = 5 Lakh). Is it practically possible to get that much of fill even in highly traded counters(NF, BNF, Tatasteel, DLF, etc).
Yor are again one of this funny girls/boys which have big questions but no money to trade like that. So: Why you want to know how to trade with big money as you not even have the knowledge to trade with no money?

:confused::confused::confused:

sanjosedesi

Yor are again one of this funny girls/boys which have big questions but no money to trade like that. So: Why you want to know how to trade with big money as you not even have the knowledge to trade with no money?

:confused::confused::confused:
Come on Dan !! I have traded 1, 2, 5 and even 10 lots (the max of which would be about 2-3% of 10 crore), but I too have wondered about this. The mental anguish you have on a 10 lot trade is not 10 times but probably 1000 times the worries of a single lot order. While I can trade a single lot without worry, on a 10 lot trade I will be sh**ting bricks, even if the method and money management was the same.

It will be great to hear from people who trade orders of magnitude higher ... whether they talk about money, method or mind aspect ... the lessons from large scale trading will give some ideas for medium scale trading.

sanjosedesi

And it has parallels to the story about the "American Dream" ... people not earning anything want lower taxes because ... you know ... they will be the top 1% some day.

Same here ... although with good trading skills it might actually be possible to go from 1 lot to 100 lots in a few years time.

DanPickUp

Come on Dan !! I have traded 1, 2, 5 and even 10 lots (the max of which would be about 2-3% of 10 crore), but I too have wondered about this. The mental anguish you have on a 10 lot trade is not 10 times but probably 1000 times the worries of a single lot order. While I can trade a single lot without worry, on a 10 lot trade I will be sh**ting bricks, even if the method and money management was the same.

It will be great to hear from people who trade orders of magnitude higher ... whether they talk about money, method or mind aspect ... the lessons from large scale trading will give some ideas for medium scale trading.
Dear Sanjosedesi

The point is still: With no money. And I mean that even when we talk about margins.

DanPickUp

tomjerry

Sir,
Is there a way to determine the maximum lots one can comfortably trade(intraday) for a particular stock future(high volume),without having the fear of getting stuck while trying to exit or having to worry about order getting filled,also would there be a way to determine the distance between the trigger price and buy price ,once a comfortable volume to trade is determined.
Daily volume and Total Open Interest helps to determine comfortable trading lots. Circuit Limit for particular stock should be kept in mind whille buying huge quantity of futures for intraday. Once we know the direction of trend, one can trade without much worry! Study of volume on 1 min. chart or 10 min. chart will give you some idea that e.g. if you buy 14,000 quantity then how much price distance will be there! (mostly on chart volume, quantity is shown instead of lot, you can divide quantity by lot size to get lots.)

-------------------------------------------

As per NSE Website: Client Level Position Limits:

The gross open position for each client, across all the derivative contracts on a underlying, should not exceed:

- 1% of the free float market capitalization (in terms of number of shares)
or
- 5% of the open interest in all derivative contracts in the same underlying stock (in terms of number of shares)

whichever is higher

Client level position limits underlying-wise, are available to members on NSE's website.

------------------------------------------------

In addition to above limits, there is a quantity limit per order. For example: a single order above 15,000 quantity for nifty call/put will "freeze" by the exchange. A single big order above 15,000 quantity requires permission from exchange to execute it. (I had experience when my 20,000 quantity nifty put buy order was freezed.)

(nifty call/put 50 quantity = 1 lot/contract.)

sumosanammain

Thats notthing, I almost halted Indiabulls trading with my wrongly punched order :) Their terminals were frozen for some time by NSE risk management. This was about maybe 6 years back.

All hell broker loose, as I didnt have the margins, and the order went through. Thankfully it was not executed, maybe one of the NSE safeguards kicked in :)

5 people voted above 10 Cr trader.....who are they? TP or TR??:lol::rofl: Ps:me voted 50L-1cr:D