Investors commiting suicide

prasadam

One person killed himself 2 weeks back in Chennai due to loss in share markets. This news made me think whether I need to trade at all :( If I am getting profit then it must be someone's hard earned money. Offcourse if I loose my hardearned money will go to some one.
Mr. Mehta,

its a wrong notion that someone's loss is another one's profit.

It is true in the case of futures & options, but, not in the case of stocks. just think about it and you will know the truth.

My take is that, if you are good at and passionate about stocks, but, sensitive to this kind of news, stop day trading and switch over to swing trading.

prasad.

bunny

One person killed himself 2 weeks back in Chennai due to loss in share markets. This news made me think whether I need to trade at all :( If I am getting profit then it must be someone's hard earned money. Offcourse if I loose my hardearned money will go to some one.
Don't ignore the fact that millions of IT professionals in India that together form IT giants like INFOSYS, HCLTECH, MAHINDRASAYTAM, WIPRO and numerous other midcap, small cap, home-size companies made big only because the, in a way, stole the Americal programmers' bread.

Not that the American corporate managers didn't have an idea that American programmers would lose their jobs eventually, they just wanted to lets their profits and wealth explode, and it did happen so.

WOD

In us if have to trade naked options you have to take a test to qualify to trade. In India no one care. If you have little money they will even give you margin on it.

WOD those loosers who commit suicide put everything they have into the market. they are left with nothing to live on what else do they do. There should be proper regulation to protect small investors and guide them. You may not realize what is going on unless you fall into a trap. BTW there are many traps set for small investors in our markets.
I have fall into trap a many times...lost much...much then I have learned to manage my position size....I used to trade with 6-7 lots but now I am trading with just one.....

I will mention here 2 incidents when I was trapped badly......one is sataym when I saw it going down by 90 PERCENT....just before budget day I was short on nifty and never thoght I will be in debt after budget day ( yup I was wiped out and had to pay some more money to broker) ....shuold I had commit suicide?

anyways suicide can not be solution to anyones problem.......when things go extremely bad then ji ke and jitke dikhao.......tab abni mardangi dikhao........

btw markets are not for faint hearted people....

Last edited:
Our safety is the first thing we have to ensure in the markets....financial markets could be very rewarding if traded well....but they can get very nasty so always trade with a stoploss....it may be 5 points,20 points,or 100 points but at some stage we have to accept that market is going against us and liquidate our positions and take our losses....these losses should not be large enough to criple our trading account and confidence to trade. All losses are small when they start...it is our stubborn views that we make them grow into large losses.....and crippling losses sometimes...

We should always be alive and fit to fight another battle.....we may have scratches but stoploss makes sure we are not paralysed because of losses in trading.

ALWAYS TRADE WITH A STOPLOSS

Smart_trade

WOD

One more thing I left mentioning here....our fight is not against retail traders....our fight it against biggies......

take total amount of trading capital of all retail investors in india and compare it with any one of the biggies.....I am sure one biggies trading capital is larger than capital of all indian retail investors.......I am also sure that some of those biggies loose in the markets and I think this money mainely rewarded to winning retails investors and biggies....

And forget money of those retail investors who trade in stocks......how come a trader who trade in F&O can get money of retail investor who trades in shares?

Any counter views are welcomed and appreciated....

lazytrader

If there are such regulations, smart money will dump the markets. Smart operators want that you lose as much as possible. They are very cold.
From where VSA came there are good regulations. Satyam is facing a class action lawsuit. In India noone one is talking about it.

One more thing I left mentioning here....our fight is not against retail traders....our fight it against biggies......

take total amount of trading capital of all retail investors in india and compare it with any one of the biggies.....I am sure one biggies trading capital is larger than capital of all indian retail investors.......I am also sure that some of those biggies loose in the markets and I think this money mainely rewarded to winning retails investors and biggies....

And forget money of those retail investors who trade in stocks......how come a trader who trade in F&O can get money of retail investor who trades in shares?

I am a tiny trader in equity. Biggies won't manupulate in equities? If they do manupulate mostly retail people will loose. Some shares ranging from Rs.30-80 jump and fall 1-3 rs in a minute. I guess these jumping stocks are manupulated. Can see orders like 60,000 and 70,000 a second for some time and then not much bids!

lazytrader

Mr. Mehta,

its a wrong notion that someone's loss is another one's profit.

It is true in the case of futures & options, but, not in the case of stocks. just think about it and you will know the truth.

My take is that, if you are good at and passionate about stocks, but, sensitive to this kind of news, stop day trading and switch over to swing trading.

prasad.
with a PE 20 you are making a 5% profit each year if you are buying shares worth 1L then you should make Rs.5000 profit. But many make a lot more. How? because the extra comes from the losers.

Even for FnO the money comes from company earnings. Thats because of hedging. It's finally the same thing. If someone is making disproportionate amounts of money then its coming out of someone elses loss.

WOD

I think even MF (Who are managed by professional money managers" come with the warning statement like,
"MF investments are subject to the market risk"
Forget about equities.....

Also somedays I read somewhere that when you truely desire something and try again, again and again, god arranges some kind of help for you......God never let down a tryier..
I am experiencing it now......

Now I strongly believe this; When I was crippled and bruised badly many times, but still keep trying, I found AW,Columbs,Sunil,ST,Ankit,LT,PT,SM,Scorpio,Rohan and many more here at TJ.........

Capricorn

Fno are derivatives of equity, not independent entities. Everything is based on the cash market.:)