Intraday trading

Many experts gave their comments, but it's still confusing when to buy and when to sell.

when i buy a stock thinking that it's at its lower price, it goes down more.
Krishna, I understood the words of what u said, but still aint getting the meaning properly,

“When I am bearish and I sell a stock, each sale must be at a lower level than the previous sale. When I am buying, the reverse is true. I must buy on a rising scale. I don’t buy long stock on a scale down, I buy on a scale up.”

“Remember that stocks are never too high for you to begin buying or too low to begin selling. But after the initial transaction, don’t make a second unless the first shows you a profit. Wait and watch.”

What does this mean?

I am very new beginner and have become great fan of this forum.

Jignesh

Laksh

Please go through the thread Teach A Man To Fish by Saint. Practice delivery based trading for a sometime to come. Gain some profit and confidence. Think of day-trading only after that. If you are in a hurry then get tutelage from a professional day-trader.

Laksh

kapil123

Day Trading requires a lot more than what is normally thought. When you do swing trading, positonal trading you have more time to think about the trade.

But in Day Trading this kind of luxary is not there and the moment you divert from the trading discipline, you loose. So, day trading is only for people who are well versed with the trading otherwise.

U

uasish

kapil123,

Your this statement :=
" When you do swing trading, positonal trading you have more time to think about the trade. " Probably you meant that a trade should be given time to develop,ok,but we must decide about the Stop Loss price point before the Entry & never after the Entry.
Hence in that analogy Swing / Positional / Day ; all form must have a Stop,hence no time to think after the Trade but to wait patiently.

Asish

For intra-day, when we think of buying or selling anything, one should have clear idea about targets and SL before entering. Also one should know weather this SL is reverisible or not. Also based on volatility of the market SL and targets get stretched in some situations (like in big corrects), then position sizing is an important. Like people should reduce position size. In case of reverisible SL is hit, people need to reverse trade with multiplied volumes of original trade and in this case targets will be adjusted to cover loss of original trade only.

hope this helps.

regards
Swapan:)