Intraday trading vs long term investment

Hulu Girl

When you invest in stocks for the long-term, it primarily means that you hold on to the investment for a longer period of time, probably between three to five years or more. In comparison, intraday trading means that you square off all your positions before the end of trading hours on the same day.

It actually depends more on how much is one willing to risk. Intraday is more apt for those in favour of taking up risks.

brokenbull

In my understanding as per income tax
1) Intra day equity is speculative
2) delivery stock trades up to 364 days is Short Term Capaital Gains
3) Beyond 365 days is LTCG.

If you can give time everyday then intraday but if you don’t want the stress of monitoring the daily market movements, then go for long term investing.

Malone

At this stage, it is very convenient and comfortable for me to work in intraday trading.

kalyanikrd

The most profitable is your knowledge and analysis. If you know these two you can earn in any trading. Short term is a little more profitable though.

Nish

Any kind of Trade is OK, as long as, it does not erode the basic PRECIOUS CAPIATAL involved ! :)

Both of them are profitable depending upon how well you know about them. Intraday trading seems more profitable because you get profits frequently.

Long term investments are much more profitable than intraday. You get good money on your investments and you are away from risking your money. Long term investments are safe if done at the right places.

Depends on how you are trading. For me, I can go either way, but I do find long term investment much more safer

Broker Special Offers