Intraday Trading Banknifty with a solid EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

suri112000

Something similar I came across a similar strategy here :
http://www.mudraa.com/trading/188623/0/2-20-day-ema-breakout-vimalraj.html

That was for EOD/Daily charts. Good to see it being used for intraday charts.
Yes. you are correct. I am exactly not able to recollect, it has also been discussed in this forum earlier a number of times. Just google you will be able to find many a similar strategy. Kindly go through my first post where in these issues are discussed.

In my view, a strategy is not complete until a complete trade management is drawn out. Getting into a trade using a setup is a kids play. Managing it requires a lot of insights based on past behavior patterns of price and getting ready for any eventuality. In the link above, 3 lots are to be bought while entering the trade. First lot exit at 1R, second lot exit at 2R and third lot exit at TSL hit. In the given chart, you can clearly see that TSL has hit even before first lot exited. Nothing is mentioned what is to be done in such eventuality. Needless to say, most of the traders fail here.

My attempt here is to heighten this crucial part of trading.

Last edited:

suri112000

Now, I am trying to prepare the mind set what is going to be in the management of a trade.

I will talk about initial Stop Loss, Trailing Stop Loss and booking profits a bit later.

Watch out what a winning trade can fetch in this image.

There are occasions when the trade made as much as 1000 points in a single day.

Try to understand the importance of running winning trades to the fullest to set off frequent loss trades and to make some more.

What can be expected through this trading method? A draw down of as much as 1200 points in a row. Some loss making months especially when the market is extreme sideways.

Recovery factor is one of the finest.

XRAY27

This setup was first posted in traderji from my collection and the thread of name is "simple set up for buy and sell"..

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/90886-simple-setup-buy-sell.html

due to problem with space for attachment i removed this image
:)
from traderji which i posted on 15 nov 2013 it was exported to mudraa:D:D

XRAY27

Yes. you are correct. I am exactly not able to recollect, it has also been discussed in this forum earlier a number of times. Just google you will be able to find many a similar strategy. Kindly go through my first post where in these issues are discussed.

In my view, a strategy is not complete until a complete trade management is drawn out. Getting into a trade using a setup is a kids play. Managing it requires a lot of insights based on past behavior patterns of price and getting ready for any eventuality. In the link above, 3 lots are to be bought while entering the trade. First lot exit at 1R, second lot exit at 2R and third lot exit at TSL hit. In the given chart, you can clearly see that TSL has hit even before first lot exited. Nothing is mentioned what is to be done in such eventuality. Needless to say, most of the traders fail here.

My attempt here is to heighten this crucial part of trading.

Your words are very much true... This set up should be used for better entry and to pick trades with management it is vital to understand the price behaviour
In my view trading with 3 lots is not good at all...for better mangement of trade.. always trade with 2 or 4 lots

say we are trading with 2 lots and exited first lot at a profit of your risk(initial SL) and second lot is moved with TSL on basis of swing akka pivot.. which make the entry zero risk for remaining...
in case of odd number of lots we cannot manage the trade in better way
in case of 4 we exit 2 lots first and remaining trailing...

This setup was first posted in traderji from my collection and the thread of name is "simple set up for buy and sell"..

due to problem with space for attachment i removed this image
:)
from traderji which i posted on 15 nov 2013 it was exported to mudraa:D:D
(This may be off topic, but as it was discussed here, so I am adding my views)

So, You want to say that VimalRaj of mudraa has lifted this setup from your post

But you yourself has lifted this setup from this website (posted wayback in 1996),
http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/1996/12/Abstracts1296/2_20DaySdbar.html

What I want to point out that we should not blame others for stealing/copying, claimed to be our setup or strategy, when we ourselves have stolen it from other sources. Please note that when we post something, copying from internet, without mentioning the source, it is a theft, particularly when we declare that it is my setup.

BTW, do you know, who is VimalRaj of mudraa. He is an active member in Traderji. Can you name him. I know most of you can not and atleast you certainly not.

XRAY27

(This may be off topic, but as it was discussed here, so I am adding my views)

So, You want to say that VimalRaj of mudraa has lifted this setup from your post

But you yourself has lifted this setup from this website (posted wayback in 1996),
http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/1996/12/Abstracts1296/2_20DaySdbar.html

What I want to point out that we should not blame others for stealing/copying, claimed to be our setup or strategy, when we ourselves have stolen it from other sources. Please note that when we post something, copying from internet, without mentioning the source, it is a theft, particularly when we declare that it is my setup.

BTW, do you know, who is VimalRaj of mudraa. He is an active member in Traderji. Can you name him. I know most of you can not and atleast you certainly not.
i have mentioned in the post in which i shared in traderji..about its source...
well i know the person in traderji and vimalraj are of same person including
the ID in TJ..
...i have never said that it is my copy right ....

it is a setup and suri seems to be researched on this for better trade entries
we should stop this topic for the better interest of the this thread

i have mentioned in the post in which i shared in traderji..about its source...

Sirji
Again, you are not telling the truth. This is the link of your post
Can you please show me where you have shared the source. It was alokdaga in post 6, who revealed the source and even after that you have never accepted that you yourself has lifted it from there.

well i know the person in traderji and vimalraj are of same person including
the ID in TJ..
...i have never said that it is my copy right ....
I do not think you know that person in TJ, if so then reveal his id.
How can you claim its copyright, when it is not your work.
I am a great fan of VimalRaj and his work and you blamed him of stealing your post, that hurt me the most, that why I wrote this post.

it is a setup and suri seems to be researched on this for better trade entries
we should stop this topic for the better interest of the this thread
Reply to your post is in blue

XRAY27

@Traderchandra

santosh 2010 is his ID and i know him in person my dear.. iam also great fan of him... no doubt in that...
i never mentioned that it is my own creation and the post in mudraa is after my post in TJ note that
it seems you are not understood my post and replying to rkarnani post...:)..

Status
Not open for further replies.