Intraday data plugin for Amibroker - Need testers

Hi Bhakta,
I have followed your instructions and have been able to set up the database and the plugin.Thanks again for sharing the same so selflessly.

I just wanted to know a few things regarding running the script
1.I presume that you are using ICICIDirect as a brokerage and for the same reason
you have put the check script as "ichex.pl <ICICISYMBOL> <NSE SYMBOL>"
Is the ICICIsymbol part essential??
2.Is it possible to have the same commands incorporated in a single perl script
such that running the same script will also run the ichex.pl for multiple scrips.Moreoever the list of scrips may also be modified as per individual requirements.
3.If I am able to find out the NSE symbol for derivates say Nifty Dec future-Will inputting the NSE symbol in place of the NSE symol fetch the rates for the same derivative??

Regards
Anshuman

1.I presume that you are using ICICIDirect as a brokerage and for the same reason you have put the check script as "ichex.pl <ICICISYMBOL> <NSE SYMBOL>"
Is the ICICIsymbol part essential??

>>> I use ICICI fetch quotes.. So you have to use the ICICI symbols and map them to NSE Symbols.. Actually you dont necessarily need to map if you plan to have ICICI symbols in Amibroker. I prefer to keep NSE Symbols in Amibroker..

2.Is it possible to have the same commands incorporated in a single perl script
such that running the same script will also run the ichex.pl for multiple scrips.Moreoever the list of scrips may also be modified as per individual requirements.

>>> It is Possible.. I don't do it for the reason that with more symbols, one symbol may face delay in udate if the script has trouble getting quote for any of the other symbol.. As an e.g..

DO Continuously {
Fetch Quote for ONE symbol
Calculate 1-min data
Sleep 5 seconds and start again
}

Now if I were to change this:

DO Continuously {
Fetch Quote for Symbol 1
Fetch Quote for Symbol 2
Fetch Quote for Symbol 3
Calculate 1-min data
Sleep 5 seconds and start again
}

Now say Fetch quote for symbol 2 suffers a delay (due to any reason .. maybe slowness in server), then the other 2 symbols face problem.. I don't want one symbol's poor performance affecting real data of other.. Also with more symbols, I need to reduce the <5> second delay to something smaller since Quote fetch of a symbol adds delay in the loop..

3.If I am able to find out the NSE symbol for derivates say Nifty Dec future-Will inputting the NSE symbol in place of the NSE symol fetch the rates for the same derivative??

>>> F&O Quotes are encrypted in ICICI. Equity quotes are not encrypted so I am able to fetch it..

Let me know if you have more questions.. I don't check this site often, so message me on y_ a h o o..

NOTE : Backfill script is updated on the same page. Please check..=. Also note that I changed ichex.pl today evening, so please take a fresh copy again if you have downloaded this before...

daitya

Does anyone has used this script?
I got error in getting error in data..
See the attached pic..

Last edited:
Those of you who ran into trouble installing this.. there's a solution..

please install team viewer and message me on yahoo.. I'll remote to your PC and fix it for you!

cheers!