Intra day trading and luck..?

U

uasish

come on guys who needs tea gimme sum beer
@SridharB

Cant resist to agree with you in pre-holi day :),a kolkattan will always relate to Tea & adda even when giving an example.:D

U

uasish

come on guys who needs tea gimme sum beer:D
@SridharB

take some time off and evaluate yourself...intra day is quick so u'll need to be fast and decisive to make money...
don't be too greedy that will make u take irrational trading decisions...cut down position size and gradually increase it when u gain more confidence...
and ya always keep stop losses;
short selling can really kill u as ur losses can be unlimited...

all the best!
In Intraday ,why Short Selling is more dangerous than Long only.Actually the Risk element is same for both.

lvgandhi

A child who has yet to learn how to walk......if he were to look at all of us who walk and try and try and try,and falling down 10 times again and again,and then looks at all walkers as "Plain Good Ol' Luck".....that child will never walk.He has found a convenient excuse not to do so....

If there is something you are not doing right,that does not mean it cannot be done.Instead look around and assess whether it has ever been done......and if it has,then it can be acieved,......then,go about trying to achieve the same!!

Once you have decided that everything,every failure,every mistake.......is your fault,yours alone.....once you remove that onus of Blame from Luck,God, People around you, Bad broker,etc and take all blame squarely on your shoulders.........now go about trying to find where you've gone wrong and move on to great success.

Saint
Well said.

Hi Saint,
Thanks for your views,comments...actually I wasn't able to trade this week as I was held up with lot of company work and that's the reason for this delay too..
right now I am still not fully comfortable in doing full time trading and also I don't have any softwares also to view the charts on a daily basis..but I visit this forum often and get useful inputs from you, uasish and other great ppl here...thanks to all these ppl...:)
but sometimes I do on my own..and that bombs :eek:
Slow and steady ......Baby Steps for now...

Saint

In intraday trading, success often appears as luck due to the rapid and unpredictable nature of market movements, but consistent profitability is typically driven by disciplined risk management, technical analysis, and informed decision-making. Luck may play a role in individual trades, but long-term success relies on skill, strategy, and adaptability.

In intraday trading, luck may appear to influence individual trades due to the short-term nature of market movements, but consistent success is typically driven by thorough analysis, disciplined execution, and risk management strategies. While luck may play a role in short-term outcomes, long-term profitability relies more on skill, experience, and a well-defined trading plan.

stoch

come on guys who needs tea gimme sum beer
@SridharB

Cant resist to agree with you in pre-holi day :),a kolkattan will always relate to Tea & adda even when giving an example.:D
In intraday trading, luck can play a role in short-term outcomes due to the unpredictable nature of price movements within a single trading session. However, successful intraday traders rely more on disciplined analysis, effective risk management, and strategic decision-making rather than luck alone. By utilizing technical analysis, understanding market dynamics, and adhering to a well-defined trading plan, intraday traders aim to tilt the odds in their favor and minimize the influence of luck on their trading results.

Intra-day trading relies on quick decisions and market analysis, minimizing reliance on luck but not eliminating it entirely due to unpredictable market movements.