Indian Brokers offering Algo Trading to clients

Algo

Hello Sir,
What you require is execution automation, this is what i am doing. Contact the vendor(symphony for execution automation) for the same.
Dear Algo,

I have been testing some afls for auto trading, sir I am not able to set some parameters like fixed targets, I want to fix 5 points target in crudeoil, 0.50 paisa in Copper, 50 points in silverm. Please help, thanks

mastermind007

StockAnalysis; said:
Hi,

I wonder how did you miss http://www.vantagetrade.com when it comes to automated stock trading decisions.
Have you tried it. How reliable is it? I could not find anything in Indian segment that was automated.
Hi Stockanalysis

I spoke to the representative of vantage today. Its OK site. They are offering emails/SMS that inform you (individual) on when to buy/sell/hold/stayoff a stock. Costwise its at-par with rest of companies. But, you have to execute the trades manually. Analysis is automated for you.

mastermind007

I thght they only generate triggers or calls..please post a link of the same.

Have you tried it. How reliable is it? I could not find anything in Indian segment that was automated.
Yes, Algo. You are 100% correct. As far as I understood it, its a blackbox analysis. you are told when to buy/when to sell/when to hold and when to"stay off d grass". Unlike other tipsters, you get to choose which scrip you want these services for.

You pay 'em first and then you obey 'em and carry out their instructions using ur money hoping that they'd be accurate.

Here is the link vantagetrade

Dear All,

There are presently many tools that allow you to create your own custom Algo's and deploy on a broker's platform. But a lot of this depends on the brokers appetite. The only requirement is TRUST.

If the broker has a BT (Back testing) and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) environment setup, you can deploy almost all types of algorithms. They need to be rigorously tested and, in most cases, require an approval from the exchange. Only this is likely to create a strong and healthy relationship with your broker.

There are quite a few brokers that offer this today. And if your broker is not among them, he can start very easily.

I have worked with multiple brokers to deploy algos. I have also worked with the relevant softwares and OMS platforms (Omnesys, Symphony, eSignal, AmiBroker and more).

It would be my pleasure to guide all those seeking algo solutions towards the right match for them.

Algo

Yes. That is true sir. Basically they are trying to regulate HFT players. Like 20-50 maximum orders can go in a second..or Market orders are not allowed in MCX(FMC Ruling) or the CTT has increased & STT has decreased etc. What i analysed is that Non-HFT or Alpha seeking players are not at all hurt by these changes, atleast I am not. Infact this is a boon for them because HFT players cannot influence the market like they used to.
NOTE: Also, the deposit to be kept with exchange for a broker doing algo trading for his clients is now 50 Lakhs & for his Prop is 35 Lakhs. Please correct me I am wrong or add on more things if missed by me.

From 1st april 2013, lot of restriction on algo trading. Bmc increased from 10 lakh to 25 lakh both in capital market and commodity exchange. In commodity exchange there can be only pro sauda. Also ctt introduced on non agro commodities. Pl confirm whether i am right

Dear Algo,

You are correct, except all brokers that have any form of Algo are required to maintain an interest free deposit (BMC) of 50 lakhs per equity exchange.

Most will only do algo on NSE-CM & FO. Depositing additional 50 lacs with BSE and/or MCX-SX is presently a waste. Only very big brokers will do this. And the big brokers do not have any notable algo products for retail participants.

Additionally, the BSE and the NSE Brokers Forum are having a seminar on algo trading on Wednesday, April 10. It seems like they are trying to promote brokers to offer algo. This is good for both brokers and retail participants.

For smaller brokers, brokerage is not generating adequate income, and they are loosing institutional business to those brokers who offer algo (as institutions often require execution algos such as TWAP, VWAP etc.) So if they act fast, they can create a niche for themselves as retail algo brokers. They can also add the basic TWAPs and VWAPs to rekindle the institutional biz.

For retail, this is a great chance to find out the brokers that are migrating to Algo. Those with some algo experience can potentially even partner with these brokers to assist them in creating their algo infrastructure. Brokers have the market experience, but they seem to have a mental block when it comes to technology and automation.

mastermind007

Dear Algo,

You are correct, except all brokers that have any form of Algo are required to maintain an interest free deposit (BMC) of 50 lakhs per equity exchange.

Additionally, the BSE and the NSE Brokers Forum are having a seminar on algo trading on Wednesday, April 10. It seems like they are trying to promote brokers to offer algo. This is good for both brokers and retail participants.
Where is this seminar? Please share the address. Are you going 2 be there?

This seminar is at the BSE building, in the main hall on Wednesday, April 10th. It is only open to the members of the BSE brokers forum.

I shall be present at the event, and I also happen to know some of the key speakers at the seminar. If the members of traderji.com and similar forums would like to engage in similar seminars, it could be organized. The speakers at such events do not claim any fees, and aim at mainly educating the interested parties.

But I would assume there will be many more such seminars that will be organized in the days to come. I say this because of the following facts:

1. Almost all industry bodies are recognizing Algo trading as the future of the financial markets. Indian Merchants Chamber, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, CII, FICCI, etc. All of them have also been conducting seminars on Algo trading.

2. The regulators have embraced Algo trading and are putting constructive regulation in place for the same.

3. The exchanges are setting up dedicated technology and algo departments for approvals, audits and promotion of Algorithmic trading.

If the members of this forum express adequate interest, such events can be very easily organized for the community.

Algo

Thank you Mr. Algo King. Highly appreciate the information.
This seminar is at the BSE building, in the main hall on Wednesday, April 10th. It is only open to the members of the BSE brokers forum.

I shall be present at the event, and I also happen to know some of the key speakers at the seminar. If the members of traderji.com and similar forums would like to engage in similar seminars, it could be organized. The speakers at such events do not claim any fees, and aim at mainly educating the interested parties.

But I would assume there will be many more such seminars that will be organized in the days to come. I say this because of the following facts:

1. Almost all industry bodies are recognizing Algo trading as the future of the financial markets. Indian Merchants Chamber, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, CII, FICCI, etc. All of them have also been conducting seminars on Algo trading.

2. The regulators have embraced Algo trading and are putting constructive regulation in place for the same.

3. The exchanges are setting up dedicated technology and algo departments for approvals, audits and promotion of Algorithmic trading.

If the members of this forum express adequate interest, such events can be very easily organized for the community.

mastermind007

OK. Please allow me to PM you my address so that I can stay informed of free events. I will talk to my broker 2moro morning and see if he can help me for 2moro.

I would like to meet you (in person) or over the internet whenever it is suitable for you