indiabulls OR sharekhan OR sbi (for MF investments)

Which is best brokerage House for MF investment?

• SBI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Pleaes specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone,

I want to open a dmat account for investment purpose. I will not be doing daily trading but am only interested in long term investment as of now (that too in mutual funds as I am totally new to this area and don't know much about trading and all). Which brokerage house do you recommend for the same? Any one of the above or a different one. What I am looking for is something which does not have any restrictions like minimum investment each month and provide a decent service for long term investments (generally more than 1 yr) without costing much charges. I may be opting for SIPs or one time investments and thus the investment amounts may vary. If you have any other insights for the same, you are most welcome.

Thanks and regards.

IF Mutual Fund is your preferred investment vehicle, why not go the fund house and invest directly. You stand to save on commission, brokerage and/or any annual maintenance charges.

Once you fill in the form and issue a cheque, you may ask for Internet access form. You can log into the MF website and conduct transactions.

note: this is not to be confused with the MFSS platform from NSE/BSE

Once you get internet access, you can perform almost all the actions[additnl + new purchase, redemption, switch etc] at the comfort of your home. You can even check the market valuation daily.

Some of the top funds houses that have good web services are :
1. HDFC MF
2. FRANKLIN MF
3. TATA MF
4. BIRLA MF
5. SUNDARAM
and many more....

for the best funds in a given category I'd suggest you visit valuresearchonline.com

alroyraj

IF Mutual Fund is your preferred investment vehicle, why not go the fund house and invest directly. You stand to save on commission, brokerage and/or any annual maintenance charges.

Once you fill in the form and issue a cheque, you may ask for Internet access form. You can log into the MF website and conduct transactions.

note: this is not to be confused with the MFSS platform from NSE/BSE

Once you get internet access, you can perform almost all the actions[additnl + new purchase, redemption, switch etc] at the comfort of your home. You can even check the market valuation daily.

Some of the top funds houses that have good web services are :
1. HDFC MF
2. FRANKLIN MF
3. TATA MF
4. BIRLA MF
5. SUNDARAM
and many more....

for the best funds in a given category I'd suggest you visit valuresearchonline.com
Sharekhan and ICICI Direct do offer this feature but since you would not be trading, it is unnecessary to go through a brokerage house. This feature is charged at around 100 Rs per quarter . Additionally each brokerage charges an annual maintenance fee of Rs 4oo in case of Sharekhan and Rs 300 in case of ICICI Direct because the mutual fund service is bundled with the equity brokerage account. Of course the advantage is ease of handling mutual fund schemes of different providers. A new facility called MFSS was supposed to take effect soon which would enable mutual fund facility thru' brokerages at nominal cost but I am yet to see any progress. ALternatively processing intermediaries like CAMS online do have some online schemes you should check out. Some wealth management firms like the delhi based player called NJ Invest allow these features through their website.