India Focused Monthly Technical Analysis Journal

Regarding this proposed publication

• Total voters
Yes, its a real need and better if it can be distributed in Electronic format as one can reasonably expect that those who are interested in Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities would have Net connection and it will also save cost.
Cost can further be reduced through accepting Ads from Brokerage Houses etc. as in Stocks and Commodities magazine.

You have written in one of the posts :

Its a difficult question to answer, rather would not have a straight forward answer to it, it can only be debated and outcome may be "hung jury"!!!
If the focus is on "educating" and "guiding" the reader to reach his own decisions based on TA then the role of TA experts is reduced to some extent and the worry whether an Expert is credible or not will also be less!!

The Publication must have appropriate Sections for different levels of Readers having different levels of TA knowledge.
Cogent thoughts, all. Thanks. What do you think will be a reasonable price which people will be willing to pay for an E-version. The objective is to maximise the reach of people and yet have a reasonable revenue for the Association wherein the surplus will be deployed for strengthening the library, building up a corpus for scholarships, funding higher academic level research etc.

In simpler words for the same publication to be in the e-format what is a reasonable price people will be willing to pay and how would one ensure that piracy is not indulged into?

AW10

Sushil, In my view, for online stuff, best price is FREE. The money can be raised by adverts etc. and I am sure many organisation involved in trading business will be happy to sponsor or advertise in order to reach the focused audience. If you can get the subscriber and content flow is valuable in next 1 or 2 years, then maybe you can think of charging online clients.

In my view, we all are very different person when online then we normally are in physical word.

Pricing for printed version is entirely different issue. As it has extra cost, hence it can be priced similar to profession magzines that focus on a particular profession.

Just sharing my views.

desifxtrader

Yes sure, thats the idea. To bring credit to the profession and share learning with anyone keen on obtaining it.

What do you suggest should be the process of ensuring credibility and how would you define credibility. Your thoughts can be valuable in shaping up this initiative a priori.

regds,
Sushil
My 2 paisa:

Does this so called 'expert' puts his own money where his words are?

Is he a Real trader at all?

Have you not been reading the Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities?
Originality would be more welcome. Personally, I'm tired of watching hollywood remakes in Hindi.

Hi,
Please include Point and Figure based analysis in the India Focused Technical Analysis Journal as it can be uderstood by a large section of community.
regards,

insider

I think apart from sharing technical analysis concepts (not recommendations mind you) the journal should also feature real life people who are making their bread and butter from technical analysis. I am sure you will find many such examples in this forum itself. Unfortunately I am not brave enough to quit my job and depend solely on my tech analysis skills. But surely there are such examples. I think we should share their story and also display how they are doing their homework.

Capital Market Technical was started in 1991(most probably) by publication which used to publish capital market.It was the only source of learning TA then,because internet had not reached to large section of public.But that magazine was closed after few months,may be it did not turn out to be profitable venture for publishers.

Now-a-days,thanks to internet,there are many forums catering to Indian traders,and there is lot of material available to explore every aspect of TA. In light of this draw your plans.
Cogent thoughts, all. Thanks. What do you think will be a reasonable price which people will be willing to pay for an E-version. The objective is to maximise the reach of people and yet have a reasonable revenue for the Association wherein the surplus will be deployed for strengthening the library, building up a corpus for scholarships, funding higher academic level research etc.

In simpler words for the same publication to be in the e-format what is a reasonable price people will be willing to pay and how would one ensure that piracy is not indulged into?