Ideal software for a TA beginner

beginner_av said:
Dear bamit, ur effort is futile as you cannot save the database in amibroker trial version. so please go to moneycontrol etc if you want even NSEindia will do and look at the historical charts to learn TA. Then use FCCharts that will let you save data but have a limited no of features. Otherwise buy Amibroker...costs only about 6000 unlike Metastock for 27000.

thnx beginner_av

as u said amibroker dosnt sav data but i hav registerd version of amibrokr aswell as metastok 9.0pro i cant afford rtdata for meta so using hyperserver but it allows only 1 script n its also 15-20 min late.
so i m switching 2 amibroker can u guys pls tell m how 2 setup scripts in amibroker . i hav don linkin quotetraker 2 ami & gettin symbols n quots in quottraker but unable 2 get sam into amibroker so senier members pls help m

murthymsr

ger06 said:
I tried to download data by Amiquote but it is 2 days old eod data.
please tell me how to configure Amiquote / Amibroker to get latest data everday evening.

hi ger,

2 days 'delay' is because of data source, yahoo. can't help it as it is free.

but NSE gives EOD data by 5 PM each day and you can use one of the EOD convertors available at the sfoftware section of this forum.

you also have some EOD data sources at yahoo user groups, whose details can be had from the SW scetion.

but i prefer to use the EOD converters available at this forum.

murthymsr

Dear Sir,
Thanks for the reply.
I am presently using the data downloader "de" developed by one of our senior member for this purpose BUT the drawbag is that it downloads only NSE data & not the BSE data.
Thanks...

ger06

murthymsr

bamit83 said:
thnx beginner_av

as u said amibroker dosnt sav data but i hav registerd version of amibrokr aswell as metastok 9.0pro i cant afford rtdata for meta so using hyperserver but it allows only 1 script n its also 15-20 min late.
so i m switching 2 amibroker can u guys pls tell m how 2 setup scripts in amibroker . i hav don linkin quotetraker 2 ami & gettin symbols n quots in quottraker but unable 2 get sam into amibroker so senier members pls help m
hi bamit,

the quote tracker thread may throw some light on how to configure QT for sending data through API server. refer QT >> Preferences >> API server settings & QT help file.

Amibroker has a plugin for QT. this will receive data from QT & put in AB.
refer AB help file & search "quote tracker". i have not used this facility, though.

murthymsr

rds

Hi Jaideep

First the software.
The best ones for beginners is Amibroker for sure.No two ways about it.
Metastock is a legacy product,it is no doubt good but not the best by a long shot.In charting nothing comes close to Tradestation and for systems WealthLab.I dont know why so much of talk surrounds metastock.Its a myth perpetuated by people who havent seen the new generation of software that have cropped up recently.

To guide you step by step
1.Get amibroker from www.amibroker.com
2.For data get data bull from www.databull.com.Its free for 50 symbols which is good enough to get started
3.For live charting nothng beats quotetracker www.quotetracker.com

Configuring problems if any let me know and i will help you out

And Shubh Deepawali

CV
:eek:

Hi CV,

Guess some threads just dont die.. they form knots and keep pulling you in..:)
I hope your offer to help is still good.

I have downloaded all the above software and tried configuring them to no avail. I'm sure its some little thing that needs to be set somewhere and everything will work.

In QT, i'm able to get realtime data from the NIFTY but not for any other symbols. This leads me to believe that I need to specify the exchange somewhere, or set something preference in some menu.

For "Index Quote Source Site", I've used "NSE India (Free)". Do I have to set something similar for stocks/scrips.

If any of you guys have some kind of manual, or step-by-step guide, I would be most grateful for your help..

Thanks very much
Ramesh