Ichimoku Kinko Hyo trading system...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4xpipcounter

Ayush, I know we were talking about the ichimoku in a private chat. Linkon has done as good a job as anyone could in describing the components of the ichimoku, and giving many good examples.

hii linkon7 ...just now only i find this thread... will go through in details....... thanx for a wonderful thread on ichimoku...

4xpipcounter

Kanavai, I'm like you. I have loved this thread.
I'd like to say that if you go to my thread at "Some of my forecasts", I hope it will help you in in your continued studies of the ichimoku. This thread is devoted to the ichimoku. Mine is a pro-active with regards to my forecasting, and the ichimoku is a huge part of my methodology.

Hi,I have just seen this thread. I have gone thro' the entire contents in the thread within one day. I wonder ,what a great compliments from Mr.Linkon & Mr. Camel and other participants. Thanks for all and I assure that I will follow this system alone.

(((Fact is... nothing is more important than resistance and support...rest all is just derived info...)))

If we see supply at a particular level... then it doesnt make sense to take a long just below this line... most PA traders respect this and Indicator based traders ignore this... that's the major difference in line of thinking that differentiates the two...

If we learn to respect simple trendlines and support / resistances... then we are ahead of PA guys by a mile...
i appreciate your above statement,this statement is a short cut of understanding some ones leval of knowledge!!!

CamelToeJoe

I presented this idea on another board so I thought I would present it here as well.

My idea is that there is no reason to shift the cloud x periods ahead.

First, let's examine what we are looking at when we shift the cloud x periods ahead.

We are looking at 2 moving averages (highest high + lowest low / 2). When price reaches the cloud, we are observing prices reaction to two moving average prices from x periods ago.

Now, shift the cloud even with the current price. If we want to see price reacting with 2 moving averages from x periods ago, we can look to the Chikou Span and it is giving us the same exact information that we see when the cloud is shifted forward. The only difference is that I am referencing Chikou (prices close) instead of the candles. Does that make sense?

I also believe that using 4 moving averages is a little much but that's just me. The simpler the solution, the better. Less lines, less clutter, but the same information is present. (Occham's Razor)

Like Linkon, I recommend using periods that match the time frame you are viewing. i.e. 22 periods for an Hourly chart (Length of time index/currency futures are open in the US each day)

Please share your thoughts/constructive criticism.

For this example, I am showing 9,26 (17.5 for SSA, and 52 for SSB) settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.