I need AFL coding..

Dear Amibroker Friends,

I need to have AFL coding for different timeframes shown on 5 minutes chart..

In 5 minutes chart i want to see horizontal lines showing the levels of ;

Weekly time Frame's SMA20 and Wilders200;

Monthly Time Frame's SMA20 and Wilders200;

I want to see 4 horizontal(left and right extended) lines indicating the levels of weekly and monthly timeframes moving average levels shown above..But i want to see these as horizontal lines (NOT as moving average curve) on 5 minutes chart.

When 5 minutes chart is updated these horizontal lines must be automatically updated accordingly..

Can you please help me to find this AFL?

pratapvb

Dear Amibroker Friends,

I want to see 4 horizontal(left and right extended) lines indicating the levels of weekly and monthly timeframes moving average levels shown above..But i want to see these as horizontal lines (NOT as moving average curve) on 5 minutes chart.

When 5 minutes chart is updated these horizontal lines must be automatically updated accordingly..

the code could be done....but I am struggling to understand why horizontal line as opposed to curve...mentally difficult for me to commit to something without having a basic understanding of the why of it

The reason is;

SMA and Wilders of daily and weekly timeframe will react so late in 5 minutes time frame chart..
And sometimes they goes parallel and intersects with them so they create too much false signals..

In order to eliminate false signals i prefer horizontal lines..

Can you create the afl i described?

zabeen2004

Dear Amibroker Friends,

Hello brother...

Post this in thread "simple coding help no promise".... i hope you would get it fixed then..

KelvinHand

I have posted it.

thank you for your reminding..
What the use of posting on the other thread.
Respected pratapvb had give the opinion to you that it simple for him to do it:

the code could be done....but I am struggling to understand why horizontal line as opposed to curve...mentally difficult for me to commit to something without having a basic understanding of the why of it

but could not understand how to convert a curve moving average to a straight horizontal line.

if you do not give clear to this statement, no matter which forum/thread or experts cannot/willnot do anything for you.

What i think of is get the value of the moving average from previous day/week/month and draw the horizontal. Is is what you mean?

If not and still want to blend curve to straight line, then pray to the GOD.

Last edited:

pratapvb

The reason is;

SMA and Wilders of daily and weekly timeframe will react so late in 5 minutes time frame chart..
And sometimes they goes parallel and intersects with them so they create too much false signals..

In order to eliminate false signals i prefer horizontal lines..

Can you create the afl i described?
I think in timeframexpand you maybe using default (expandLast) and hence the line will get updated only at end of week or end of month whereas in 5min chart when watching live, the value continously appears to change based on current close.

to match higher TF line same as what you would see live the solution is simply to use expandFirst in timeframeexpand, you will see the live value the same as you would see on the weekly chart

What the use of posting on the other thread.
Respected pratapvb had give the opinion to you that it simple for him to do it:

but could not understand how to convert a curve moving average to a straight horizontal line.

if you do not give clear to this statement, no matter which forum/thread or experts cannot/willnot do anything for you.

What i think of is get the value of the moving average from previous day/week/month and draw the horizontal. Is is what you mean?

If not and still want to blend curve to straight line, then pray to the GOD.
Hello Kelvin,

I am talking about the end point value of moving averages of daily and weekly time frame given above.
I am only interested in end point of moving averages..
When the end point is changed , horizontal line will be moved....
Thats why i m not interested in curve..

This is how i will follow the trend..

Last edited:

KelvinHand

Hello Kelvin,

I am talking about the end point value of moving averages of daily and weekly time frame given above.
I am only interested in end point of moving averages..
When the end point is changed , horizontal line will be moved....
Thats why i m not interested in curve..
You see your this statement make very clear to pratapvb(and the rest of expert) what the exact requirement, now that he can do something for you.

That solve the issue.