How to trade with an oscillator

EagleOne

I am also curious why Stoch looks different in different charts. Mine is 8,3,4 and looks vastly different too.
GSAM,
You took the words right out of my mouth! I came to the thread to ask ST the similar thing. I have 3 charting software, and all show different Stoch patterns even the settings and the TF are same! Quite confusing. Hope ST has some logical reason behind all this.

Last edited:

EagleOne

....After seeing EOD graph , people come under the impression that trading is the easiest job on the earth to do, but it is one of the toughest jobs.
Well said, columbus. Trading is as tough as brain surgery! More so, because you do it on your own brain day in day out! :)

Making money is never easy. Hell, nothing worthwhile is - if you think about it...

GSAM,
You took the words right out of my mouth! I came to the thread to ask ST the similar thing. I have 3 charting software, and all show different Stoch patterns even the settings and the TF are same! Quite confusing. Hope ST has some logical reason behind all this.
Some charting softwares call it as Stochastic Oscillator....some call it % D....I was using Metastock now using Ami....both look same....

Some softwares smoothen % K into % D and also the trigger line by exponential MAs...some do it with simple MAs.....I use simple MA parameter setting....

ST

CASPER

E1 / Timepass / Gsam...,

I Believe the the Reason you'll are Not seeing the Same Stoch (%D - Fast Moving ) is because you are Checking NIFTY Spot where as the Chart Posted By Manik is of NIFTY - Futures ...,

Below i have posted Chart of NIFTY Futures for 31st along with Stoch and Stoch from Manik's Chart ...

NB.

EagleOne

@Nithin
Thanks for the input. I, however, went through many sets of parameters of elemination process. But when I tested it with all settings, scrip, index etc. same but the software, the result still varied. I guess it is due to different rendering subroutines in the code that address the java engine accordingly. Anyway, be it whatever, the best solution I found is: choose the one that captures maximum of moves. :)

Piuvbn

Some charting softwares call it as Stochastic Oscillator....some call it % D....I was using Metastock now using Ami....both look same....

Some softwares smoothen % K into % D and also the trigger line by exponential MAs...some do it with simple MAs.....I use simple MA parameter setting....

ST
ST dada suppose stoch is neither in overbought nor over sold what do I do? Sit idle? Thanks in advance. PR.