How to trade with an oscillator

EagleOne

ST
I know you maintain that you enjoy sharing your experiences and knowledge about market without expecting anything in return. Nevertheless, I must say I learnt a lot from your posts. So please accept my thanks.

ST
I know you maintain that you enjoy sharing your experiences and knowledge about market without expecting anything in return. Nevertheless, I must say I learnt a lot from your posts. So please accept my thanks.
Thanks for your kind words, EagleOne .....and you are most welcome....:)

Smart_trade

EagleOne

ST
In one of your posts you mentioned that Demark books were written in very complex prose. Couldn't agree more. Few days back I was just going through his sequentials, and I thought, "God! Am I reading a book on trading technique or Kant's 'Critique of Pure Reason' - that too in old-fashioned German?"! :)
Must say, the guy had the courage to think out of the box. BTW, there is another out- of -the -box trading method that I came across - the harmonics trading. I am sure you know it. It is based on F-lines retracement, and quite hard to detect pattern. But when you have it, it is as accurate as Demark sequentials!

Good night

PS. I am awake this late, because I had to make sure all the doors and windows are closed properly. The birds' breeding season is on, and lots of snakes are out there for their eggs! :D

ST and Eagle one,
It will be gr8 to know more about harmonic trading from traders like you, for the benefit of all new traders like us here plz guide on intraday day and positional trading.

Hi Krishna,

They are not contradictory......let me explain with an example of bullish divergence and bullish hidden divergence.

A bullish divergence is when we get lower lows in price charts but higher lows in oscillator ...it is a reversal pattern and we will get this when the existing downtrend is about to reverse to an uptrend....

A bullish hidden divergence is when we get higher lows in price and lower lows on oscillator. This is a continuation pattern and the market is in uptrend...it makes corrective downmove and now is ready to resume its uptrend again and it is a continuation pattern rather than a reversal pattern in normal bullish divergence as explained above.

Smart_trade
ST, thanks for all the wonderful info on this thread. Please can you tell me the difference between Bullish Hidden Divergence and negative divergence? Thanks for your help.

EagleOne

...sorry, the foto post was meant for canteen!....

Last edited: