How to trade with an oscillator

Dear st,
Thanks for the detailed replay.Am trading in mini and 60 flow.With 60 flow ok but in mini am losing too much nowdays.Unable to do book profit .with 20/30 points.bcaz of am using intial s/l difference for partial profit booking.also unable to getout from trade in properway.toomuch wipsaws now.so continuesly losing.so now trying another indicators with mini for better exit.can I use this oscillator in mini.If you using it in mini please eleborate your some trades .it will helpful to do better in mini

Regards
VJAY
nb:weak in eng so please excuse me.
Dear vijay,

Oscillators and Miniflow are two entirely different methods and let us keep them that way...let us not mix them but in miniflow ,for booking profits lot of things such as trendlines,support/resistances,longer timeframe pivots,various patterns and their targets will be useful....oscillator could be one of them.

I find in miniflow,for booking profits,trailing the profitbooking levels at 5 min timeframe clear pivots will help you...dont take small inside the swing pivots,they are misleading...for example yesterday (07-08-09) market did not break a single clear pivot on 5 min....keeping us in the trade till the end of the day.Volumes in antitrend moves also provide useful clue for profit booking.

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

VJAY

ST sir,

Please give some guidence detecting Volumes in antitrend moves.

Regards
VJAY

ST sir,

Please give some guidence detecting Volumes in antitrend moves.

Regards
VJAY
VJAY,

Posting yesterday's Nifty futures 5 min chart.See the volumes on downthrust bars and see volumes on antitrend rallies ( shown in circles)...volumes drying up on upmoves and strong volumes on downthrust bars means downmove still in forece so no need to take profits in a hurry...reversal not likely to happen any time soon.....Hope it helps..

ST

VJAY

Thanks ST,

Very well explained in simple manner..Thanks a lot.I will use these all guidances in live market.sure it will help in my trading.

Regards
VJAY

VJAY

Dear ST,

Am booked my profit here(marjed on chart) due to divegence seen on stoch.thats why am not able to use the flow.pl put your view......

[/URL][/IMG]

Dear ST,

Am booked my profit here(marjed on chart) due to divegence seen on stoch.thats why am not able to use the flow.pl put your view......

[/URL][/IMG]
VJAY,

After divergence trail your stop for taking profits to nearest 5 min PH...divergence is a warning and not a reversal signal unless a move takes over PH with good volume....

ST

I find that with stochastics or rsi and other indicators, the indicator may remain in overbought for some while, a good exit is when
stochastics starts to drop below the 80% level. Remember getting in
at the beginning of a trade or the end of a trade in not important,
but to take out the middle portion of a trade.

Posting Nifty Futures 5 min chart for 13-8-2009 market action. The oscillator staying in OB region for more than 5 bars was indicating a srtong market action on the upside...which came along. Very sweet move for the alert trader...

Best wishes,Trade well....

Smart_trade

ST Da,

I am trying to exactly do that :).

Hourly charts, 5/13 EMA and the Stoch.
Entries and Exits same as that of Pride's method, start with minimum 2 lots [or to say 2X the lot size].
Exit 1 lot [2X/2 lot size] on a Stoch crossover in the Overbought/Overshold zone and hold the other lot with a tight-trailing-SL.
Re-enter [1 lot] when the stoch crossovers and the EMA shows a continuous trend.
Most of the times we would end up holding 1Xlot and on reversals/re-entires hold 2X lot.

I am testing this method for the current month's miniNF series. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,
-Sri
I am facinated with idea of using EMA crossover with stochastics. I was trying ema5 and ema21 crossover with 21,13,5 stochastics on 5min chart for more aggressive intraday trading. Please comment if u can on this.