How to trade with an oscillator

murthyavr

shorted tata steel at 459.10 s.loss is 462.. after negative diversion... hope my trade is correct...
Gambler,

You have entered into the trade a little pre-maturely. By the time you shorted,
the stoch (%D) was still in OB zone only. What if it continued for 5 bars and
and more?

So, it's better to wait till it comes out of the OB zone.

Then make sure that all the qualifiers (posted by ST on the first page of this
thread) are met..

This is to avoid any wrong trades and to avoid the consequent losses..

Thanks a lot ST da.. I have just finished reading this thread.. needless to say, it has helped me a great deal.. Your knowledge and understanding of the mkt is unmatched. however, what strikes me more is your humility and dedication to answer all the questions even the most elementary ones... take a bow..

I have made a word-doc for this thread (Mostly the posts and answers by ST da.. doc has more content from the earlier posts and lesser from later posts).

If any newcomer or others would find it useful i can post it here with ST da's permission..

Also, if anyone has a link to the Saint's 'Teach a man to fish..' PDf.. pls share.. Thanks in advance :)..
Thanks for the kind words benoit.

You can share the pdf which you have made here . Full permission from my side as this thread was started for sharing whatever little I know with others....so go ahead and post the link.

Smart_trade

rangarajan

Posting the chart of today's copper.

It could have been traded with:

a) Head & Shoulder
b)Simple vanilla MA short
c)SG's method.So far he had shown only Long.Here,reverse Short paid. I am not sure whether it is correct.
d)Negative Divergence

Metal came upto 424.7 as at 21.20

gambler

Hi ST/seniors,

Please let me know all possible trades in today's chart of icicibank (5-min) because i traded negative diversion then my stop loss was hit.

kindly give your valueable inputs:-

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Hi ST/seniors,

Please let me know all possible trades in today's chart of icicibank (5-min) because i traded negative diversion then my stop loss was hit.

kindly give your valueable inputs:-

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!
You have not marked where exactly you took a trade on divergence.

Use Stochastics only till the stock is oscillating between 915 and 925.....once it crosses 926 it is in trend mode.....go long with immediate pivot low as stoploss.

Smart_trade