How To... Plz Advice I need Help.

Thank You so much Abhishek. Yes u told that in your earlier post also about the Limit Price. But I missed it. Anyway thank u. About the IOC share can u plz tell me the process and the purpose of auction? Like what happens, when and why.
I am not entirely sure but will try to explain whatever I remember (of what was told to me by my broker)... The process of Short cover is done by the NSE/BSE and your broker has no part in it. Most probably it is done in T+2 days (i.e. 2 days after the trading day) and the Exchange assigns it the highest price fetched in last half hour (not sure abt this) ...

In short, the thing is, in future you should definitely square it off (even in loss) coz you don't know what the outcome of the auction will be... Again I may not be sure abt the auction process but it definitely ain't pleasant ...

pls help me how to work with justtrade - the demo is very poorly designed - there is no steps for limit / short selling / stop loss / etc., i am new and having a/c with justtrade - need help from users - please
Dude this can be told to you by someone who has an account with Justrade or your broker. Coz unless we can see the trading page, no one can tell you (except your broker).... Why don't you try asking your broker? Thats what they are there for, man..

Hello Sridhar. I completely understand ur problem. I would suggest u to talk with your RM and see whether he or someone else can explain the things to u.
The other option would be to read as many posts as possible in the Beginner section and use ur logic and learn. Though in this process there will always be confusion. i learned myself just using the logic. But had a lot of confusion and thats why this thread!
I will post few more problems here. So u can check this thread from time to time.
One more thing u can to is to start a new thread and must provide the name of ur broker in the thread name. So that those people who use that broker can directly help u out.
But go slow in initiating any trade or invest anything. Otherwise u may be in a trap and the broker can deduct money as penalty.
Thank You.

NOMINDTR

Hello everybody. I am Anindya from Kolkata. I didnt want to create another newbie thread here. i asked a senior member a question through private message. But unfortunately he didnt reply. But i really need help regarding few questions. I didnt really find answers to these questions after reading many threads here. I hope someone will surely help me.
BTW i have my a/c in Indiabulls.

1. I have short IOC before few days. It was in cash segment. But i dont know how to square it off. Plz tell me.
2. How to square off position in intraday either short sell or short cover.
3. How to calculate the brokerage. My RM told me that he will charge 0.03/0.3 for intraday and delivery. I read many threads in the Beginner section here and came to know that the rate is ok.
4. In cash segment there is an option in SELL option which tells "Sell shares not in DP" is it the opposite of delivery buy?
5. Suppose i bought abc for rs.100 and i would like to sell it for rs.110 then how can i give the instruction?
6. Suppose I would like to buy abc when it comes down to rs.95 from rs.100. How can i do that?
This much for now. Waiting for help. Plz do help me out.
Thank You.
Dear friend,

I guess you are a beginner. Short selling is not preferred kind of activity. I don't think who is you broker but I guess you are not with right broker.

Consider a switch over. You must learn at least a rough figure of the frame work in which a trade takes place and settled. You must be able to get help form your broker regarding using your application (the software or web terminal)

Take Care dear :)

Gsalvadi thank you for your concern. My broker is Indiabulls. Though the RM agreed to help me I really didnt think he will help me sincerely. And thats why I asked the questions here. And i learnt also. About the brokerage yes I am going to ask him to explain the calculation properly. I think i will recieve better help and opinion from here than the RMs of any broker.
Thank u.

Gsalvadi thank you for your concern. My broker is Indiabulls. Though the RM agreed to help me I really didnt think he will help me sincerely. And thats why I asked the questions here. And i learnt also. About the brokerage yes I am going to ask him to explain the calculation properly. I think i will recieve better help and opinion from here than the RMs of any broker.
Thank u.
@tech,

The broker HAS to give you correct and complete info, man. You have paid to get an account with him, its not as if you pay nothing to them and your account is totally free (or is it :) ) As I have previously said, you should visit him personally once.
And the biggest point is He'll explain everything to you visually by showing how a trade is done so you can understand it much better than here where people can only post explanations...

My account is at Sharekhan and the time I went to open my account with him, I was explained everything by them and I believe that the same will be done if I call upon them again. Go ahead, give it a try...

Hi , i suggest u call your RM over one day , if possible , during mrkt hours and clear your doubts . Im also learning but il try and answer

1. I have short IOC before few days. It was in cash segment. But i dont know how to square it off. Plz tell me.

-- in cash mrkt , u mush cover your short position before close else shares go in auction as others have said , call andfind out what is the exact situation and dont ever repeat this mistake .

2. How to square off position in intraday either short sell or short cover.
-- just buy back the shares you have sold before mrkt close , this means covering shorts .

3. How to calculate the brokerage.
--again , call the broker and ask him , i have to do that too ..its a bit confusing

4. In cash segment there is an option in SELL option which tells "Sell shares not in DP" is it the opposite of delivery buy?
--to sell shares not in dp means short selling the shares

5. Suppose i bought abc for rs.100 and i would like to sell it for rs.110 then how can i give the instruction?
-- just press sell button and take your profits

6. Suppose I would like to buy abc when it comes down to rs.95 from rs.100. How can i do that?
--press buy button and buy the shares at 95

NOMINDTR

Thank u.
Thats fine