How to launch metastock

:) Dear traderji members,
after installation when i launch following error massage is coming>Metastock professional was unable to lanch the equis data server [EQDATSRV.EXE] application from the folder listed below. Enter the path to the folder where the application can be found. Seniors please help to solve this.
thanks in advance.
regards,
rajdeepgupta

Last edited:

sr114

:) Dear traderji members,
after installation when i launch following error massage is coming>Metastock professional was unable to lanch the equis data server [EQDATSRV.EXE] application from the folder listed below. Enter the path to the folder where the application can be found. Seniors please help to solve this.
thanks in advance.
regards,
rajdeepgupta
try to install metastock with "No Real Time Vendor" as you will be using metastock mainly for eod analysis. if also used in real time then also No real time vendor option is used . as you have no subscription from Equis dataserver the following errors is occurring. do this installation . before that uninstall metastock.

thanx n happy trading
sr114

Hi,
There would be a 'Metastock Offline Mode' shortcut in your start menu under equis, clicking on that would let you run MtStk in offline mode with a local database.
:) Lanched the metastock Pro offline varsion.Now this massage is coming>The program is running in evaluation mode.you have 30 days left.would you like to activate now.thanks for your reply.

:) Lanched the metastock Pro offline varsion.Now this massage is coming>The program is running in evaluation mode.you have 30 days left.would you like to activate now.thanks for your reply.
My first question are you used serial when you installing? If the answer is yes. Follow the procedure.

01.Uninstall it. If any files remains after uninstall ( ex:- equis folder in c:/ program files and Metastock data in C:/ ) delete it manually.

02. open run and type regedit and enter. Then registry editor will open.

03. In registry editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> SOFTWARE-->EQUIS

04. Right click and delete.

05. In registry editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE-->EQUIS

06. Right click and delete.

07. Close the registry editor.

08. Shut down the computer few seconds.( 30 or 60 seconds )

09. Install your metastock with serial.
( When asking vendor option, you choose NO VENDOR )

Your problem will solve. Good luck.

:) I've solved the problem myself.The procedure is>
[1] Reinstalled metastock but didn't open the program. Just installed.
[2] Now clicked on my computer>c>program file>metastock, here replaced Mswin.exe
[3] Now to open metastock click on start button> all programs>equis international>metastock pro offline mode and enjoy.
Cheers.
regards
rajdeepgupta

Last edited: