How to invest 40 lakhs in equity, FnO, commodities etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyTrader

Not much idea about Futures as yet, but day-trading equity and options is pretty exciting....reminds me of my school days playing Monopoly and winning it all

hi sexytrader

If I were u I would try n make my trading monotonous,boring...and not exciting.

regards

How does that help ? How does making trading monotonous and boring help ?

Pls elaborate....

anuragmunjal

How does that help ? How does making trading monotonous and boring help ?

Pls elaborate....
let us look at it this way,when do we get excited?? when do we get an adrenaline rush?
when we are embarking on an adventure, when we are experiencing new feelings that we have not experienced before...but if we have a solid trading plan which takes into account all eventualities, all case scenarios that may occur after we put on a trade...then it becomes monotonous..follow step 1,2,3,4.... again follow the same steps and again...and that my friend is very imp. for trading well..if u are not in that 1% category who have extraordinary instincts..and have the courage to act on those instincts..

regards

SexyTrader

let us look at it this way,when do we get excited?? when do we get an adrenaline rush?
when we are embarking on an adventure, when we are experiencing new feelings that we have not experienced before...but if we have a solid trading plan which takes into account all eventualities, all case scenarios that may occur after we put on a trade...then it becomes monotonous..follow step 1,2,3,4.... again follow the same steps and again...and that my friend is very imp. for trading well..if u are not in that 1% category who have extraordinary instincts..and have the courage to act on those instincts..

regards
Oh ok Anurag, I get what you mean :thumb:

Thats true, but what if one has a knack for it and it has not harmed him ?

Either I have been plain lucky till now, or maybe I got some of the things right ?

So tell me, where do I actually stand in terms of my trading experience with whatever you all have read from my questions ?

Thanks

anuragmunjal

Either I have been plain lucky till now, or maybe I got some of the things right ?

So tell me, where do I actually stand in terms of my trading experience with whatever you all have read from my questions ?

Thanks[/QUOTE
]

frankly wd not be able to comment on ur trading..u seem to be doing well..
but one thing that I can tell u is that I have met 1 or 2 good instinctive traders..they have the ability to think against the 'crowd'...and after a while their instincts get aligned with their thought process..and frm thereon it again becomes following of steps 1,2,3,4 (in their mind), though they may not be able to put their plans on paper..

regards

SexyTrader

Thanks[/QUOTE
]

frankly wd not be able to comment on ur trading..u seem to be doing well..
but one thing that I can tell u is that I have met 1 or 2 good instinctive traders..they have the ability to think against the 'crowd'...and after a while their instincts get aligned with their thought process..and frm thereon it again becomes following of steps 1,2,3,4 (in their mind), though they may not be able to put their plans on paper..

regards

Oh ok.... possibly I would eventually get to that "boring" stage as suggested by yourself :p

But I do agree to what you have stated, just the pace of trading keeps me in the zone and that helps me to be alert yet relaxed is what I understand.

SexyTrader

Daily Target for Intra-day ?

How much should one target as the daily profit from intra-day equity trades, excluding brokerage and capital gains tax ?

I mean how much maximum can one profit from intra-day equity trades ?

daily 30K ? Or 40K ? Or ??

Appreciate your thoughts coz I would like to have a reasonable target to chase :)

Currently my profits excluding brokerage and capital gains tax are varied, but I never lost my capital....coz on a bad day, I take whatever profits I can manage and on good days I go all out :D

Thanks

SavantGarde

Re: Daily Target for Intra-day ?

STrader,

While it was not necessary to start a new thread....

Now coming to your query.... in my opinion.... to keep an eye on a target to be achieved... on a daily basis... isn't correct.... all one needs to do is Trade well, hone your skills .... and money shall find its way into your pocket...

Come up with something worthwhile to discuss.... these questions have been done to death here at TJ... :)

SG

How much should one target as the daily profit from intra-day equity trades, excluding brokerage and capital gains tax ?

I mean how much maximum can one profit from intra-day equity trades ?

daily 30K ? Or 40K ? Or ??

Appreciate your thoughts coz I would like to have a reasonable target to chase :)

Currently my profits excluding brokerage and capital gains tax are varied, but I never lost my capital....coz on a bad day, I take whatever profits I can manage and on good days I go all out :D

Thanks

SexyTrader

STrader,

While it was not necessary to start a new thread....

Now coming to your query.... in my opinion.... to keep an eye on a target to be achieved... on a daily basis... isn't correct.... all one needs to do is Trade well, hone your skills .... and money shall find its way into your pocket...

Come up with something worthwhile to discuss.... these questions have been done to death here at TJ... :)

SG
Oh ok....got it!

These questions may have been done to death here, but how does a new person on TJ get the answers ? Look up the archives ? Could you suggest those threads discussing this particular issue etc ?

anuragmunjal

dear friend

don't u think ur question is highly subjective? it depends on ur trading account, risk taking ability,ur satisfaction level and various other factors..
a person A may get elated at a profit of 5000, whereas a person B may bang his head in disgust on a profit of 100000...I do not think there can be a common answer 2 this question...a better approach wd be to raise ur own bar step by step...

SavantGarde

Hi STrader,

There was no offence meant... :)

...and as far as finding something that you may have in your mind... best way would be to ask for it in your first thread and I am sure somebody will provide the relevant link.....or just spend time browsing through ...and you will find things that you perhaps never ever thought of ...and might prove useful.

To keep your queries organised will merge this thread later with your original thread... in order to keep all your thoughts and queries organised... hope it's ok with you.

SG

Oh ok....got it!

These questions may have been done to death here, but how does a new person on TJ get the answers ? Look up the archives ? Could you suggest those threads discussing this particular issue etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.