How to import "Live Feeds" to F Charts through excel.

murthymsr

Dear friends,
will any one explain the reason for the error mesage given by Fcharts "13.type mismatch".
RANJITSINGH66
This is most likely to occur when the data or time columns in excel sheet do not match with the desired format in FCharts.

Date in DD-MM-YYYY format and Time in HH:MM format (24 Hours) is most likely to resolve the problem.

You will achieve this by formatting the respective columns.

Please respond if this helped you, so that others also may know the result.

murthymsr

murthymsr

DEAR MURTHI SIR,
Though I am a non techie person I tried my best to create the EXCEL FILE as per the instruction given by aniruddhadeshpande.Mr pande explained very well to create the EXCEL FILE.I am posting the file for your observation.One more thing , I could not connect the EXCEL FILE to FCHARTS
though i tried with the instruction given by Mr aniruddhadeshpande, as well as directions from your side about DATE and TIME format. I hope you can do something in this regard.
thanks and regards
RANJITSINGH66

murthymsr

DEAR MURTHI SIR,
Though I am a non techie person I tried my best to create the EXCEL FILE as per the instruction given by aniruddhadeshpande.Mr pande explained very well to create the EXCEL FILE.I am posting the file for your observation.One more thing , I could not connect the EXCEL FILE to FCHARTS
though i tried with the instruction given by Mr aniruddhadeshpande, as well as directions from your side about DATE and TIME format. I hope you can do something in this regard.
thanks and regards
RANJITSINGH66
Dear Ranjit,
I have gone through your Excel file.

You may format the date column into DD-MM-YYYY (Century shown) format instead of the DD-MM-YY format. Also you may try the YYYY-MM-DD format. But the time format may have to be in HH:MM (24 hours only - without showing the seconds.) With these two changes you may try tomorrow and post your sheet if successful.

I am partially successful with the charting and will post the sheet when I am through in all respects.

And by the way, neither I am a software professional !!!

murthymsr

murthymsr

DEAR MURTHI SIR,
One more thing , I could not connect the EXCEL FILE to FCHARTS
thanks and regards
RANJITSINGH66
You may refer to a similar excel sheet prepared by cooltetra(but the data source was Yah00) in which the procedure for linking excel sheet data to FCharts was given in the help file.

murthymsr

murthymsr

Dear Ranjit and all,

Necessary corrections were made to the excel sheet posted by Ranjit and now the sheet is working as desired. XL sheet and two snap shots attached for guidance.

Hope this will be useful.

murthymsr

Last edited:
Dear Ranjit and all,

Necessary corrections were made to the excel sheet posted by Ranjit and now the sheet is working as desired. XL sheet and two snap shots attached for guidance.

Hope this will be useful.

murthymsr
Dear Murthymsr,
Thanks for the updated excel sheet. Many people are trading in Indexes.
IMHO if you could upload an excell sheet with indexes also it'll be more useful.

Thanks,
Sgpal