How to calculate/estimate expiry (of NIFTY) each month?

U

uasish

Ok Mam here's something more you can use ...

Tell him that you've been musing on this IV thing & arrived at a hypothesis that perhaps Delta balancing with Options can also be done by using Long & Short positions that have the same IV rank in an Option chain. And perhaps ranks based on variance of HV-IV ratio, with the HV skewed more to the recent series, could even be better.

(That's quite a mouthful of jargon - so make sure you memorize it & practice the delivery - with appropriate voice modulation, pauses etc. - well)

All the best ;) (and do post the result of your effort :))

Regards,
Kalyan.
Forget about her Man,Kalyan i am trading for 7.5 yrs & not only everything has gone above my Dumb head but also feeling inferiority complex.:mad:

kkseal

Don't bother Asishda, for now it's just a piece of jargon for madam to surprise/impress her man. (And till i'm able to get IV into Ami it remains the same for me to. Will make an all out effort after this yr-end other work pressure is over).

Regards,
Kalyan.

BTW, that piece of code you posted today in another thread has left me scratching my head - but then i'm < 7.5/2 yrs into trading, so a lot of headscratching still to do :)

kkseal

The underlying idea is simple though - to base everything on the primary 'ingredient', rather than the entire 'menu'.

Regards,
Kalyan.

drpsiva

Hello

Thanks to all the experts for their contributions

well i am no trader, but my man is into it

so am here to learn bit by bit

so that i can understand his language

and give him surprises by speaking the same

just like he got today when i talked about IV ( though i still dont understand the term but diff sites gave me enough language to keep the conversation on for 93 seconds .

thanks to this forum as well
where i read the stuff and impress my man, let the illusssion be there taht he has got smart wife

regards to ALL

i still cant believe that traderji can help in this way also.:D anyway thanks for sharing your story.:) All the best for success in your effort.

Last edited:

kkseal

Sorry if i've been violating the scope of this thread (apart from posting gibberish) & irritating others in the process.

Hope someone comes up with an easy answer to the original question.

Regards,
Kalyan.

sumeetsj

No one can estimate the exact level of Nifty expiry.

The range can be though,

Google for "Options Pain" and u will get it.

(I used to post charts, u can search in this very forum)