How is intra day trading done?

Finding a Target.......
brief overview of some common day trading strategies:

Scalping...
Scalping is one of the most popular strategies, and it involves selling almost immediately after a trade becomes profitable. Here the price target is obviously just after profitability is attained.

Fading.....
Fading involves shorting stocks after rapid moves upwards. This is based on the assumption that (1) they are overbought, (2) early buyers are ready to begin taking profits and (3) existing buyers may be scared out. Although risky, this strategy can be extremely rewarding. Here the price target is when buyers begin stepping in again.

Daily Pivots......
This strategy involves profiting from a stock's daily volatility. This is done by attempting to buy at the low of the day (LOD) and sell at the high of the day (HOD). Here the price target is simply at the next sign of a reversal, using the same patterns as above.

Momentum...............
This strategy usually involves trading on news releases or finding strong trending moves supported by high volume. One type of momentum trader will buy on news releases and ride a trend until it exhibits signs of reversal. The other type will fade the price surge. Here the price target is when volume begins to decrease and bearish candles start appearing.

You can see that, although the entries in day trading strategies typically rely on the same tools used in normal trading, the exits are where the differences occur. In most cases, however, you will be looking to exit when there is decreased interest in the stock ......:)

but at the end , have 2 admit that day trading is akin 2 taking out money from someones pocket.........:D
Dear Sudoku1,

Excellent explanation. Just realised that DT is definitely NOT for newbies like me.

Nandini.:eek:

Finding a Target.......
brief overview of some common day trading strategies:

Scalping...
Scalping is one of the most popular strategies, and it involves selling almost immediately after a trade becomes profitable. Here the price target is obviously just after profitability is attained.

but at the end , have 2 admit that day trading is akin 2 taking out money from someones pocket.........:D
Can you please guide me on this trading style ... any guidelines on strategies to be adopted and most important how much of disposable cash should I have to scalp trade.

Don't tell me not to jump into it 'coz I know I can do it ... I just have to get the right charts and the proper technique.

I know you won't disappoint me so thanks in advance.

so in day trading i buy like i usually do from icici direct demat account (online) and sell on the same day. But i generally get shares on the next day then how do i buy and sell them on the glimpse of a moment.

but this is what daytrading as i have understood from the posts in this thread looks to me now
eg: i buy 50 shares of DLF at price of 800 rs and during day suppose it goes at 850 i like to sell it and i sell it at that very moment thru icicidirect. Will i be able to do that immediately or i have will have to wait for someone to buy them? and does brokerage will be more on this?

Please throw some more light on it

The thread is interesting

Regards

Hello

Can any one tell me, 2 day's back, i have orderd for Buy Bharti for 20 nos, and at the same time i have also same quantity in my demat a/c of Bharti, so i have orderd 20 nos for sale, at the end of the day both sale purchase are excuted, so this type of sale purchase wright or wrong.

nniranjan,

The transactions you mention, do not constitute an intra-day trade. It is only incidental that you have a buy and a sell order for the same scrip.

An intra-day buy order itself differs from a buy order for delivery of shares to your demat account. Intra-day positions ( buy or sell ) are squared or closed by the end of that trading session itself, and therefore nothing reaches your demat account. Trading platforms may allow you to convert an intra-day buy order to delivery ( in case you get into an adverse position ), and in such a case, you will receive delivery in your demat account.

good luck!