How does the Gov find out about tax evasion

I'm quoting few lines of an article that I would like to share with you members
<quote> If you are among the fortunate few in india, about two percent of the population, who have declarable income, it is likely that this is because your parents invested in your good education for you, and you yourself have further invested grit and gumption to go out and - against enormous odds, considering unemployment figures - get a job or start an enterprise which gives you an income. The sarkar which has hindered you rather than helped you in your efforts to earn a livelihood, then has the temerity to tax you for your initiative and industry, adding official insult to fiscal injury.
(Income Tax) is a punishment imposed on, and a deterent to efficiency, ingenuity and hard work. The harder, more efficiently and intelligently you work, chances are that your income will be that much higher, and liable to that much more tax.

It makes more sense to tax to tax expenditure than to tax income. Tax indulgence and leisure, not hard work.
</quote>

Your comments!

I'm quoting few lines of an article that I would like to share with you members
<quote> If you are among the fortunate few in india, about two percent of the population, who have declarable income, it is likely that this is because your parents invested in your good education for you, and you yourself have further invested grit and gumption to go out and - against enormous odds, considering unemployment figures - get a job or start an enterprise which gives you an income. The sarkar which has hindered you rather than helped you in your efforts to earn a livelihood, then has the temerity to tax you for your initiative and industry, adding official insult to fiscal injury.
(Income Tax) is a punishment imposed on, and a deterent to efficiency, ingenuity and hard work. The harder, more efficiently and intelligently you work, chances are that your income will be that much higher, and liable to that much more tax.

It makes more sense to tax to tax expenditure than to tax income. Tax indulgence and leisure, not hard work.
</quote>

Your comments!
There are three options my friend, leav this country.
Second pay tax. And Third is to Evade.

A Relative who is a lawyer once told me- If u cant change the system, find the loopholes and make the hell out of it.

Thanks

jatayoo

hi the govt has set up electronis feedback at various points,shopping mall's,car dealers,registration of property purchases, and given the work on outsourcing basis.random sample checking has been douled.
SO BETTER PAY TAXES AND BREATH EASY.

{I strongly agree to some points but would strongly disagree to being under British Raj.
Why should a handy bunch of white foreigners rule a country that is 1000 times bigger than theirs.
Also the British were the first to be free from King/ Queen rule why didnt they apply this to India. The fact is they were here to exploit us and take all good things away to UK.}

Thanks for you response.

My case is not that India would have been better under British Raj. I just want to opine that perhaps our bureaucrats (IAS fraternity) and netas would have produced better results if we had British Governors........ .........

................compared to desi multinationals Videocons, Ranbaxys, Ciplas etc.

With regards.
My dear friend Sudhir Gupta,

Let me put it this way......or rather it would suffice if I put it this way ..........I'll stick my head out & say here that I not only tend to agree with you but wholeheartedly & stoutly agree & support all your view points expressed in your posts.....really well laid out arguments indeed.

Some instances........ the NRI Achilles Heel being English, Denegrating Bimal Roy's films to the abysmal depths of Dhoom-2, the hill stations built by the British, what the Brtitish left us, the lot of the "aam admi" as the sucker etc., etc., etc.,..... methinks you've done quite of us like-minded souls proud.

Touchy topic this so will refrain from any input from my side although the verses are forming in my mind as I'm keying this in. :cool:

My dear friend Sudhir Gupta,

Let me put it this way......or rather it would suffice if I put it this way ..........I'll stick my head out & say here that I not only tend to agree with you but wholeheartedly & stoutly agree & support all your view points expressed in your posts.....really well laid out arguments indeed.

Some instances........ the NRI Achilles Heel being English, Denegrating Bimal Roy's films to the abysmal depths of Dhoom-2, the hill stations built by the British, what the Brtitish left us, the lot of the "aam admi" as the sucker etc., etc., etc.,..... methinks you've done quite of us like-minded souls proud.

Touchy topic this so will refrain from any input from my side although the verses are forming in my mind as I'm keying this in. :cool:
Thanks for your views.

I wonder what a British Governor would have done to NOIDA police and for that matter to U.P CM !

See my point as to who are real beneficiaries of 'freedom'.

'Aam Admi' finds the same treatment as in Nithari at police stations in heartlands of India as was in British Raj or may be even worse.

Last edited:
hmmm...I was told that only about 5cr people in India pay income tax. Thats is a very small number when compared 100cr. Wonder...whats the govt doing for 95cr people/
dude, it's not even 5 crores...it's only 4 crores!!! the FM said it while presenting the budget or while talking abt it ...the budget in 2006.

Well There is a large number of people, who makes money but don't pay taxes.. We can resolve this situation by removing cash money from our market.. All would have to use their electronic money cards, which can be linked with their PAN numbers. Since we would have no cash, we would have track of each and every transactions...

This will resolve all other irregularities like, Corruption, Kisi ko chai pani ka paisa nahi dena padega.. Sab saale sidhe ho jayenge..

Apart from all these, All information about the properties of a person would be also linked to PAN number, So this would make sure all pays tax.. At first it is somewhat scary idea. But Once implemented, I am sure that there would be at least 20 Cr people, who would have to pay tax, and Our tax burden can get half

Well, before the government talks about widening the tax net, it needs to talk about what efforts it's put to make sure that the revenue generated by tax and other collections are being used towards public welfare without any lekage,pilferage and wastage. One of our PMs said that only 15% of the allocated money is really spent. I believe over the years this %age must have been fallen to 10. More benefits can be reaped if the government is able to efficiently manage the money it receives than from garnering much more taxes which will eventually end up feeding a corrupt, in-efficient white elephant.

Tax rates in India are very high when we compare them to other Nations in Asia. Today an individual is paying as high as 55% of his income as tax to the government. (30% as Income Tax and 35% of expenditure as indirect taxes).
As the government is not able to properly use the money it recieves, it is not able to reduce the tax rates and till the time tax rates are reduced, evasion will continue. Why the people should suffer for deficiencies in the administrative system??

I just received this froma friend. just thot i will share it with everyone here:;)

*Salary & Govt. Concessions for a Member of Parliament (MP)
Monthly Salary : 12,000
Expense for Constitution per month ; : 10,000
Office expenditure per month : 14,000
Traveling concession (Rs. 8 per km) : 48,000 ( eg.For a visit from kerala to Delhi & return: 6000 k m)
Daily DA TA during parliament meets : 500
Charge for 1 class (A/C) in train : Free (For any number of times) (All over India)
Charge for Business Class in flights : Free for 40 trips / year (With wife or P.A.)
Rent for MP hostel at Delhi : Free
Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units
Local phone call charge ! : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.
TOTAL expense for a MP per year : 32,00,000
TOTAL expense for 5 years ; : 1,60,00,000
For 534 MPs, the expense for 5 years
: 8,54,40,00,000 (nearly 855 cores)
And they are elected by THE PEOPLE OF INDIA , by the largest democratic . process in the world, not intruded into the parliament on their own or by any qualification. This is how all our tax money is been swallowed and price hike on our regular commodities.......
Think of the great democracy we have.............

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL REAL CITIZENS OF INDIA

Raja Krsnan

I just received this froma friend. just thot i will share it with everyone here:;)

*Salary & Govt. Concessions for a Member of Parliament (MP)
Monthly Salary : 12,000
Expense for Constitution per month ; : 10,000
Office expenditure per month : 14,000
Traveling concession (Rs. 8 per km) : 48,000 ( eg.For a visit from kerala to Delhi & return: 6000 k m)
Daily DA TA during parliament meets : 500
Charge for 1 class (A/C) in train : Free (For any number of times) (All over India)
Charge for Business Class in flights : Free for 40 trips / year (With wife or P.A.)
Rent for MP hostel at Delhi : Free
Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units
Local phone call charge ! : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.
TOTAL expense for a MP per year : 32,00,000
TOTAL expense for 5 years ; : 1,60,00,000
For 534 MPs, the expense for 5 years
: 8,54,40,00,000 (nearly 855 cores)
And they are elected by THE PEOPLE OF INDIA , by the largest democratic . process in the world, not intruded into the parliament on their own or by any qualification. This is how all our tax money is been swallowed and price hike on our regular commodities.......
Think of the great democracy we have.............

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL REAL CITIZENS OF INDIA

Raja Krsnan
Then how we expect them to perform their duties? Free of cost? How an MP can dispose off his/her obligations if such facilities are not provided to the representatives? Has anybody calculated as to how much of this reported sum of Rs. 32 lacs goes to the pockets of the MP?

Remember that corruption is an offshoot of closed economies and not of an economy where efforts are economically awarded. Afterall, how many of the people who start as local politicians become an MP/MLA and how much they are able to earn in their entire life? If we are not ready to compensate the efforts of the party workers, local politicians and others down the chain properly, we must be ready to bear with corruption and criminalization of politics.

Best Regards,
--Ashish