Hi to all... trading is interesting... :)

How much time on an average does it take to learn the nuances of the market?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, let me tell u, i am Rimal, final year student in Engineering at *some :)* coll. I got interested in investing early, during my sophomore year, after playing on a simulator at the techfest here at the coll.

Since then read little on investing, particularly got influenced by ppl like warren buffet and their long term investment strategies. Later i realized, i didnt have a solid financial backing (it would take years for me to accumulate good capital accrued from my salary.. )

The best option is to dive into speculation - making money on a daily basis.
I felt i had the temperament and qualifications for making it as a trader

I sat for a futures first trading interview recently, thought i had done well till the final round of the interview as my colleague had but god know what the company was looking for. Anyway to hell with a company sharing its traders profits. Both of us were let down and *some* guy got in. I decided to go about this on my own. ;).

THE MILION DOLLAR QUESTION - WHY AM I HERE?
Hoping that this place will help me augmen my knowledge in trading interactions with veterans / quasi - veterans in trading business before i get my first paycheck which is a good half a year from now..

1) Trading/investing experience. - Nil (on the market), have some from simulator.. well but in my opinion, market cannot be replicated on a program.

2) The number of years i have been investing or trading in the markets. - 0

3) area of interest - IPO's/secondary market/futures/options/commodities, etc. - Well actually want to learn all and know about the scope in all, since investing in different areas will moderate the risk during tough times (don care about high profit potential though.)..

4) Howi make my trading decisions. ?? - Ohh lala

5) How i discovered this forum. ??- Online, googling.

musicjunkie

Welcome to this forum.
You will find alot of information on this website.

There are many many people who make money from the market, sadly only a small percentage of these people actually trade them.
Be ready to put in alot of time, and start with a very small capital so your losses aren't that big.

MJ-

Last edited:

AW10

Welcome to the forum and the world of trading, sHocK.
If you are ready to take trading as business (even if it is part time), and willing to learn then rewards are great here. (and if you don't do that, then market is pretty ruthless in punishing).

Good that you have 0 experience, and no knowledge about mkt and trading.
You have less things to unlearn.. Believe me, unlearning is lot more difficult then learning.

Happy Learning and Trading

NOMINDTR

Welcome friend,

. Believe me, unlearning is lot more difficult then learning.
Well said AW10. Dear friend, but a beginner always learn thing that must be unlearned after some point at his or her own will. The way of life.

Happy Learning :)

NOMINDTR

Yea gsalvadi. I thinik, thats how our brain learns. As a child, when our parents told us not to touch a hot object, we never listened until we touched it and experienced the impact of heat.

Happy Trading
Yes AW10. I believe knowledge could be lent, where Wisdom is finding one's own way.

Happy Trading

welcome rimal. start your learning from the following threads/links provided in those threads.

1. for links to important threads.

http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/9373-new-members-please-read.html

2. for basic candle stick knowledge.

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/16436-trading-under-candle-light.html

3. for trading wisdom.

http://www.traderji.com/words-wisdom/8108-rules-masters.html

4. for help in chart reading.

http://www.traderji.com/position-trading-stocks/5984-i-can-help-you-stock-chart-reading.html

there are so many other threads, which will help you in trading psychology.

all the best.