Help in selecting mutual funds

bansalg

Re: Please Advise

personally I would prefer Index fund because if you see in long run (5-7+ yrs), very few MFs have been able to beaten the Index. So why not to invest in Index fund. Choose Index fund with low charges and low variation w.r.t index.

confused,your suggestion please

hi all!

i would like to know in which mutual fund should i invest.

age of investing person is ..24years and willing to invest for at about twenty years, onethousand per month.

i am not sure of which mutual fund to choos.please suggest me a good mutual fund with all its advantages.

Thanks in advance
suba

bansalg

Re: confused,your suggestion please

Given no entry / exit load and very low AMC charges in Index Fund and time horizon of 20 years , I would suggest investing in Index Fund. Search for Index Funds from varios AMC and compare. For given time horizon of 20 years , only a few MF will be able to beat the market return , so why not invest in fund that will replicate the returns of market.
Hope this helps

hi bansalg!

yesturday i read an article that it is not good to go long as we never know what will be the futrue of the market.
so my idea of 20 years seems a bit of risky.can you suggest me an idea how to go about this with risk/reward equall well.

Thanks
suba

20 years is a long time and if you invest say around Rs. 1000 in mutual funds regularly by way of SIP considering the average rate of return even at 15% you will end up making more then 15 lakhs.

and if you invest say Rs 2500 every month for 30 years you will end up with a kitty of whopping 2 crores with an average return of 15%

This link will give you comparison about various ELSS Mutual funds schemes.

http://news.moneycontrol.com/mf/gain...=ab&option=eqt

1) SBI Magnum Taxgain is by the far way ahead of the rest in terms returns more then 700% returns in 5 years times. It has also given good dividends for past few years.
(Its promoted by SBI plus it has 5 star ratings)

2) SBI Magum Global fund, HDFC Top 200 fund and Reliance growth fund are other good funds

feel free to contact me on email [email protected] for any suggestions of advise for financial planning.

Mutual Fund Advisor

20 years is a long time and if you invest say around Rs. 1000 in mutual funds regularly by way of SIP considering the average rate of return even at 15% you will end up making more then 15 lakhs.

and if you invest say Rs 2500 every month for 30 years you will end up with a kitty of whopping 2 crores with an average return of 15%

This link will give you comparison about various ELSS Mutual funds schemes.

http://news.moneycontrol.com/mf/gain...=ab&option=eqt

1) SBI Magnum Taxgain is by the far way ahead of the rest in terms returns more then 700% returns in 5 years times. It has also given good dividends for past few years.
(Its promoted by SBI plus it has 5 star ratings)

2) SBI Magum Global fund, HDFC Top 200 fund and Reliance growth fund are other good funds

feel free to contact me on email [email protected] for any suggestions of advise for financial planning.

Mutual Fund Advisor

Thank you verymuch ...

suba

Need help on investments

Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to this site and this is my first post.
I am pretty new to investing and have done some research on mutual funds and came across various types. I also understand now that I need to normally look at the performance of 1 to 3 years to decide whether I should invest in that fund or not. The terms that I came across are:
thematic funds, aggressive funds, liquidity funds, mid cap funds, S&P nifty, etc.
Could anyone please let me know what these types mean, or where I can find the detailed information on how they work.

My second riddle is:
What is the significance of the market cap, and how should it influence my decision on investing in a mutual fund.

I would appreciate all the help that I can get.

Regards,
Akhil

Last edited:

Mani69

Mutual Funds?

Iam just new to this, can anyone suggest which mutual fund I should buy for a 4-5 years investment, not of much money just 30-40 K.

Mani

Broker Special Offers