Happy Diwali!!

Happy DEEPAVALI to all members of Traderji.

Just one doubt. (Please do not say "Oh! No....") Which is the correct word?

Diwali or Deepavali?

Diwali seems to be invented by some westerner who could not pronounce Deepavali. Err.. I too seems to have used the same word (Diwali) elsewhere in this forum. By the way, the word "Diwali" in Kannada language means becoming a pauper. Certainly not a good word to use in this auspicious ocassion. Hope at least now we start to use the Indian words in our own Indian style as described in our language.

Wishing all members A VERY VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DEEPAVALI once again

murthymsr

Happy DEEPAVALI to all members of Traderji.

Just one doubt. (Please do not say "Oh! No....") Which is the correct word?

Diwali or Deepavali?

Diwali seems to be invented by some westerner who could not pronounce Deepavali. Err.. I too seems to have used the same word (Diwali) elsewhere in this forum. By the way, the word "Diwali" in Kannada language means becoming a pauper. Certainly not a good word to use in this auspicious ocassion. Hope at least now we start to use the Indian words in our own Indian style as described in our language.

Wishing all members A VERY VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DEEPAVALI once again
hi munchikana,

firstly, happy 'DEEPAVALI'. i am more or less in line with your understanding of the meaning. DEEPA + AAVALI means 'Rows of Lights', originated from the Sanskrit. You might have heard the words like 'Nagaavali Mountains' 'Araavali mountains etc.

the literal meaning of 'Diwali' means somewhat similar in Telugu also. but attributing the other name to the westerners or somebody else is not fair. it is a festival celebrated across the country with joy and the start of a New year from the next day in some parts of this country.

the event is more imortant than the name. i take this oppurtunity to greet my fellow boarders on this forum once again.

murthymsr

pkjha30

Wish you all a very happy DIWALI and for Kannadigas DEEPAWALI. I have only one wish that SAINT to start another thread New Intermediate Uptrend Part-II

Pankaj:)

ps:- diwali is made from sanskrit word so quite indian and means same as deepavali

"wish U A Very Happy Diwali"

-----------------#--
---------------###--
--------------####--
-------------#####--
------------######--
------------######--
-------------#####--
--------------####--
---------------###--
-----------------#--

######################--