Guppy multiple moving average trading

Rkji

paulie :)

i hope you don't think of ' CROSSOVER ' once ' MA ' is said again, as when price is near ma's, the ma's act as floating S & R, i keep saying floating... to make you understand where i am coming from...

price constrainment are two right words for my entire setup

btw, i have traded ichimoku for 6 months consistently & then moved over to guppy, so you can see, i have reached a stage where i would resist myself to check out any strategies ( SG's one have tempted though :) ), indicators & blah blah ....

i have realised all i need is ma's, understanding of S & R, trade management to become consistent & now i feel i have matured another step as a trader.

regards
rishi

4xpipcounter

I understand. It is another unique way of using S&R's. This is why I will be sitting here, and I'm sure enjoying all your posts. If you have read my thread, you will notice my own unique way of viewing MA's.

You have also expressed how we all operate from our individualism. I'm glad to hear that you have security and see growth in your personal trading. Because you do not want anyone messing with what you have developed as a trader, you have advanced into your realm and have closed up with regard to any other approach to the markets, and I think that is a good thing.
You have others like Lincon and myself who trade according to our personal methodological approach, and yet, we still love to tinker, experiment, and stay open to all ideas.
I got a friend that evolved as an excellent trader, and then he shut the whole world off, because he felt he needed to be solely focused, and was open to no one. Who's going to argue?

paulie :)

i hope you don't think of ' CROSSOVER ' once ' MA ' is said again, as when price is near ma's, the ma's act as floating S & R, i keep saying floating... to make you understand where i am coming from...

price constrainment are two right words for my entire setup

btw, i have traded ichimoku for 6 months consistently & then moved over to guppy, so you can see, i have reached a stage where i would resist myself to check out any strategies ( SG's one have tempted though :) ), indicators & blah blah ....

i have realised all i need is ma's, understanding of S & R, trade management to become consistent & now i feel i have matured another step as a trader.

regards
rishi

linkon7

Rishi, I'm not a fan of crossover methods, which is going to make your thread even more interesting for me.
How does your guppy method account for sideways markets? Most crossover systems looks good on paper, but is another story when it comes to a tradeable equivalent.
Any rate, consider me a happy student in your classroom, and I'll be doing my homework.

gif image hosting

trading sideways needs a different set of arsenal and guppy mma is useful only when we have a trend in place and we are looking to enter on retracement. Like all trend following setups, sideways market is when they give back some of the money that make on trend days.

Personally, i i prefer entering without confirmation when system has detected sideways phase. My entry is normally 1-2 bars before conventional systems generate their entry signals.

My way of detecting sideways is when ema-60 is inside BB of 15,1. If it is trending, ema-60 will be outside the BB. Again its just a mathematical way of assessing human behavior which is just as accurate as the weather forecasting machines used by the met department. Its the best we have got and we have to live with its imperfection.

4xpipcounter

Does this mean the first strong move up or down you miss out on, then after it retraces, that is your signal for entry?

gif image hosting

trading sideways needs a different set of arsenal and guppy mma is useful only when we have a trend in place and we are looking to enter on retracement. Like all trend following setups, sideways market is when they give back some of the money that make on trend days.

Personally, i i prefer entering without confirmation when system has detected sideways phase. My entry is normally 1-2 bars before conventional systems generate their entry signals.

My way of detecting sideways is when ema-60 is inside BB of 15,1. If it is trending, ema-60 will be outside the BB. Again its just a mathematical way of assessing human behavior which is just as accurate as the weather forecasting machines used by the met department. Its the best we have got and we have to live with its imperfection.

NTrader42

Hello

I Came to this thread after reading Rishi's comment on another thread about being consistent with the trading method we use, it touched something in me, as i seem to be on perpetual mode of trying new things.

I bumped up this thread hoping to get some more trading wisdom and thanks to Paul joining in, was rewarded by detailed description of the methodology used by Rishi and Linkon.

Thanks guys for a nice useful discussion.

A question for Rishi, will this method also work effectively on intraday timeframes?

I will also do my home work and check it out on historical data.
I want to look at Nifty Future and banknifty future on 5 Mins and maybe few MCX commodity tickers like Crudeoil & Copper

Thanks

Last edited:

4xpipcounter

Ntrader, I'd like to add something constructive to your comment, and if someone wants to correct me or add something, then feel free.

Being consistent with the method you use is relative to the stage you are in your trading career. A beginner will try one thing, then move on to something else and could be all over the place, until he gets grounded in his methodology of choice. A beginner can fall into a trap and bounce every other day to something new and never get established.
As we progress we find the method that is most suitable. Now we stick to that, but we are probably still developing and there could be further major fine tuning that could be needed.
Finally, we get to that stage where our methodology is fully developed. At that point, we should have learned not only what our methodology of choice will be, but money management skills, and mental discipline that divorces all fear and greed.
Bottom line. By the time you go live, you have learned to never veer from the principles of your methodology. That is being consistent with your method. What precedes that is a consistency to build to get to that point.

Hello

I Came to this thread after reading Rishi's comment on another thread about being consistent with the trading method we use, it touched something in me, as i seem to be on perpetual mode of trying new things.

I bumped up this thread hoping to get some more trading wisdom and thanks to Paul joining in, was rewarded by detailed description of the methodology used by Rishi and Linkon.

A question for Rishi, will this method also work effectively on intraday timeframes?

Thanks

Rkji

NT,

although once you evolve as a trader you shall be capable of trading any timeframe as trends develop on each timeframe.
you need a lot of screen time.

however, my personal experience suggests anything below H1 isn't worth my time. i look at daily timeframe first & then scale down to H4 or H1 for an entry.

one should develop patience to trade bigger time frames first as intraday requires skills that you shall develop with a lot of screen time.

regards
rishi

linkon7

Hello

I want to look at Nifty Future and banknifty future on 5 Mins and maybe few MCX commodity tickers like Crudeoil & Copper

Thanks
Things are lot trickier than it seems....! consistent Profit is all about not loosing much when we have a bad trade. The loss on a bad day should never be more than the total profit u normally make in 2 days. This is very critical to any traders success....!

A key element to this is the risk we take per trade. Most new comers believe that market is out to get their stoploss and sometimes have no clue where to place the stops. some even play without one and try to average the looser.

Only on EOD, the whole day's chart becomes crystal clear. When we initiate a trade, we have to assume it is going to be a very big looser and take protection. Longer we stay with a non performing trade, worse it gets most of the time.

The number of winners is badly skewed while doing intraday trading. so one has to be very decisive. One doesnt have to be right all the time...but needs ability to make and stick to decisions.